OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just started following along, great videos and awesome tank....

How long do the ICP test usually take to get back?

Also... Go Cats.

Thank you very much! I sent it out on 4/20 and haven't heard anything back yet. From what I read this is normal, patiently waiting and checking! GO BIG BLUE!!!!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent out the ATI ICP test on April 20th, the test was run today on May 3rd - Looks like calcium is high and I may have over done it on the nitrates.

ATI1.jpg

ATI2.jpg

ATI3.jpg

ATI4.jpg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, with the water test the RODI was sent off on April 20th, test was completed today -

ATI RODI1.jpg

ATI RODI2.jpg

ATI RODI3.jpg

ATI RODI4.jpg

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent out the ATI ICP test on April 20th, the test was run today on May 3rd - Looks like calcium is high and I may have over done it on the nitrates.

ATI1.jpg

ATI2.jpg

ATI3.jpg

ATI4.jpg

Their baseline for Ca is lower than most reefers prefer. I didn't look at your salinity, but I don't think Triton flags 440 as too high. Not sure your target.

EDIT: Your Ca is high if that's your true salinity

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their baseline for Ca is lower than most reefers prefer. I didn't look at your salinity, but I don't think Triton flags 440 as too high. Not sure your target.

EDIT: Your Ca is high if that's your true salinity

I've had a hard time keeping my salinity in check the last month or so. I am not calibrating my refractometer each time now and always have to make an adjustment to the checker before I test my tank. Which was my fault, I thought for so long that it was calibrated and just went with the number it gave me when I tested my water.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a hard time keeping my salinity in check the last month or so. I am not calibrating my refractometer each time now and always have to make an adjustment to the checker before I test my tank. Which was my fault, I thought for so long that it was calibrated and just went with the number it gave me when I tested my water.

I started with the Red Sea refractometer, which is a piece of crap that has the upside of teaching the user how easily these things can go out of calibration.

I now use the BRS and calibrate via two different bottles before each use. I'll probably upgrade to the VeeGee some day in the future.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with the Red Sea refractometer, which is a piece of crap that has the upside of teaching the user how easily these things can go out of calibration.

I now use the BRS and calibrate via two different bottles before each use. I'll probably upgrade to the VeeGee some day in the future.

I bought the Aqua Craft and brightwell calibration fluids - Ironically enough they don't read the same. So I calibrate with the aqua craft now and use it. I am using the ATC $34.99 refractometer from BRS. I've not heard of this VeeGee?

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing looks alarming with the salt water results; sure calcium is a bit high, but that wouldn’t cause a concern for sps or coral health, imho. The nitrates are up there, but not awful. Your rodi water does have a bit of silicone... not sure why?

Also, do you think your salinity issues are real or testing error? If they are real, then perhaps there is an issue with your ATO setup...

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing looks alarming with the salt water results; sure calcium is a bit high, but that wouldn’t cause a concern for sps or coral health, imho. The nitrates are up there, but not awful. Your rodi water does have a bit of silicone... not sure why?

Also, do you think your salinity issues are real or testing error? If they are real, then perhaps there is an issue with your ATO setup...

I have no clue where that silicon comes from, Ive literally used the RODI 2-3 times to make 240 gallons total. It’s a manual flush unit, I flush before during and after.

I’m not really sure on the salinity. It had to be testing error since the refractometer wasn’t calibrated. I have the Tunze 3155 and it’s been rock solid. I’ve made the mistake in the past putting equipment in the sump and forget it takes water! Haha so that turns the ATO on.

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picking up a 250 in a couple months. Picked up all my plumbing today from BRS as there was a sale today. Can’t wait been watching all the videos in youtube. Three manifolds planned off my varios 6 return.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a full test panel this morning

Salinity - 1.025
Alk - 7.9
Calcium - 420
Mag - 1200
Phosphates - 0
Nitrates - 4

Since all of the sps are gone the majority of the other corals are doing fine. With the exception of the scoly. It hasn’t looked good the last few weeks.

B47F8D60-73CE-4D0B-8F7C-9879A1A330D5.jpeg

0DC36B0C-C69A-4757-8F48-370BD5A7ABEB.jpeg

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still dosing phosphate?

I haven’t dosed nitrate or phosphate in awhile now. Probably drop a cap full of the seachem phosphorous into the tank to get a reading.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would. I think the Scoly will rebound if you get some phosphate in there.

Thanks! I just did a cap full, I’ll test again this afternoon and see where I’m at! It’s been awhile since I’ve tested.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One cap of seachem phosphorous and now the scoly is fluffy again. Thanks again @Scurvy

03B91EBC-5113-4328-B9F6-507C9C15E6D4.jpeg

6CA727BD-93CC-4842-B4E8-C99AC21EC940.jpeg

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! You seem to be walking the macro algae tight rope. I would consider half a capful twice a week so long as the alage scrubber keeps plugging away. A day or two at zero is probably fine but prolonged stretches at zero will show.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back