Diamond Goby Concern

Should I keep him in the tank and see how he does or pull him out and put him in a QT tank?

• Total voters

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starvation wasn't the cause of death based on your description, it was just another factor to consider. If that one wasn't getting enough food, it is likely that others aren't as well. This is really where you're going to see the size of your tank isnt sufficient to keep what you're trying to do. You don't have the equipment to support the inhabitants you have; you've put too many fish in too little water. If you feed them more, the water conditions become worse (assuming lack of oxygen is the main issue at this point which seems likely). Hopefully this isn't followed by more dead fish in the next 24 hours but I think that is where you're heading unfortunately.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, I have a 55-gallon with 4 firefish gobies, 2 clown gobies, 1 ruby red dragonet, 1 powder blue tang (that will be sold when he outgrows his tank!), one Rainford's goby, and a maroon clownfish. Its a full house of gobies lol!! I cant screen my top because I have tubing and other things going over the edge. I do have glass doors that cover most of the top but don't have a screen top.
Kelsey,
That's really a big bio-load for a 55 gallon.
It probably time to re-test your ammonia, nitrites and and nitrates.

Sorry ;Sorry about your loss and we all live and learn, the hard way :(

Freddie

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back