Diamond Goby Concern

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet Forum' started by Kelsey Fletcher, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Mark Gray

Mark Gray Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Sorry about your loss I have a 55 with a 39 gallon sump, with that many fish you maybe need to test your water and I think I would be worried about the Oxygen like everyone else said too

Ergodyne and GoVols like this.

2. madweazl

madweazl Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Starvation wasn't the cause of death based on your description, it was just another factor to consider. If that one wasn't getting enough food, it is likely that others aren't as well. This is really where you're going to see the size of your tank isnt sufficient to keep what you're trying to do. You don't have the equipment to support the inhabitants you have; you've put too many fish in too little water. If you feed them more, the water conditions become worse (assuming lack of oxygen is the main issue at this point which seems likely). Hopefully this isn't followed by more dead fish in the next 24 hours but I think that is where you're heading unfortunately.

Fin, Ergodyne and GoVols like this.
  3. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Kelsey,
    That's really a big bio-load for a 55 gallon.
    It probably time to re-test your ammonia, nitrites and and nitrates.

Sorry ;Sorry about your loss and we all live and learn, the hard way :(

Freddie

mochaclownlover and Ergodyne like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted