Diatom Algae

TGREGS19

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I’m a new reefer and I believe what I’m experiencing is Diatom algae which I’ve read that just letting it play its course is what I should do. I do have some green algae starting to grow and hopefully that will cancel out the Diatom (if that’s possible). I’m just looking for reassurance and some hope that maybe this will all go away real soon. I have a 38 gallon tank with 5 Astraea snails, a cleaner shrimp as you can see, 4 blue leg hermits, and 2 clowns. I have a few coral frags but I don’t believe that should affect anything. Thanks guys!

437EA1DA-6798-4529-8235-FDC87B8BB827.jpeg
 
you said it all, you got it
I’d bet those astrea snails end up on a hermits back eventually. they can’t right themselves. Get a few turbos and name them. ?They can live long and get big if fed
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new