Dinoflagellates my experience......h2o2 reefing tool!!!!!

clowndude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how many people battling Dino have t5s? Also curious how many are running s purpleplus of fijipurple? I read another thread which I don't have the link handy that someone with the same water between two tanks, moved a rock from the t5 system to the metal halide system and the Dino died the next day.

projectx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I WAS running T5's until Sunday. I also had a purple plus as well
I got a smoking deal on LEDs and installed those Sunday, I am noticing that the Dinos are not growing as fast and might even be receding, a few more days I will know for sure.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Dinos and tried the H2O2 dosing and it didnt work. I have AI SOL blues and I turned them to completely blue with the whites off and, the dinos stopped growing and eventually went away after sucking them out. They dont seem to grow in a blue spectrum of light.

projectx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know if its the dosing or that i have doubled my water change volume, but it does appear that they are receading.

well see how another week goes

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I battled dinos for over 6 months I tried everything and was ready to breakdown and start over then a friend of mine gave me 10 day supply of zeozym that did the trick no more dinos !!! I now use it once every week and am ecstatic with results !!

projectx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2011-06-11 12.45.56.jpg

Here is a pict of the tank that I am not having much luck with, Hard to tell but the stuff is on the Skull, i will see if i can get a better shot of it today

Its also to the right of the GSP and in the top right of the tank on the shelf rock

Knox_Legend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing a few weeks ago with a three day lights out period. After the three days lights out I slowly brought my lights and feeding back up to normal through the course of several days. Once the lights and feeding were back to normal the dinos slowly started to creep back. Now after doing another 3 days lights out Friday -Sunday and dosing .5ml per day I am now bringing my lights back to normal times about 8 hours a day. I'm tired of these dinos keeping my zoas and palys closed!

projectx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have taken the skull and scrubbed it under super hot water with a toothbrush more than once, its agrocrete, one of the guys in our club made it for me, has flames down the side of it.

I am on day 4 of running blues only, well see if that does any good. That picture actually does show what I am dealing with, is it dinos?

mobatic

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you can do is maintain the PH in the home aquaria for a week or 2 at best dosing high amounts of kalkwasser.
It'll be enough to make your tank water cloudy, but it won't hurt anything unless you make it super cloudy, like white and not transparent white.
Dose enough just to be able to see your corals. Milky white.

By doing this, it maintains the proper PH to stunt dino growth, so in a span of 1-2 weeks they'll be gone.
You can do the manual removal, but they'll end up coming back.
Lights can be turned off for a few days, but it's still not enough to demolish them.
That'll also stress out your corals if you're doing 2-3, 3 day black outs for your corals.

AcroholicReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The results have been amazing! The first picture is on 8-14 and the next three are the results after dosing. Dinos have been eliminated at the moment.

Acropora Microclados

Before Dosing H2O2 on 8-14-2011

8-14-2011600x450.jpg

After Dosing H2O2 on 8-23-2011

8-23-2011600x450.jpg

8-29-2011

8-29-2011600x450.jpg

9-02-2011

9-02-2011600x450.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back