Do you grow coral on cool things?

4DFB4859-D52E-475F-BA4B-51F85C057698.jpeg
Here is my meteor shower cyphastrea that I have been growing for some time now
Dang --- all of you with the creepy skulls are killing me. I need to go hug a teddy bear.
 
There you are!!! LOL You are the very first person I thought of when I saw this thread. I keep eyeing up my son in laws Aviation Gin bottle thinking of doing this. It would be ironic, given I don't drink. I just can't commit yet.
 
You people giving me ideas haha! and I just saw a T. rex skull at Walmart today in the fish section
 
Just wondering what creative folks we have here:) post photos of your tanks with coral frowning on something cool! Or even growing in a cool way! In my tank I have a Goni on top of a tree statue:)

066DC217-09FC-4588-A078-AF249648EC63.jpeg
I had some zoas growing on a porcelain clam shell that I attached to a magnet halfway up the side of the tank. Its gonna take awhile for me to find the pics in the cloud though. I have a castle in my frag tank thats growing some pulsing xenia and a rosetip anemone. I love the mixture of live and artificial decor!
 
I don’t have any pics but my buddy used to glue gsp to snails

Must have the same buddy. He would glue gsp to turbos and it would eventually cover the snail. Never bothered the snail but was weird.

Gsp glued to the top of a skull is pretty cool because it looks like hair.
 
Does anyone glue them to the back glass and let them cover that? I thought it would would be cool if the entire back wall of my 220 was encrusted with different things.
 
Just wondering what creative folks we have here:) post photos of your tanks with coral frowning on something cool! Or even growing in a cool way! In my tank I have a Goni on top of a tree statue:)

066DC217-09FC-4588-A078-AF249648EC63.jpeg
inbound7631147943199804276.jpg
here is my skull couple years in the making
 
I had some zoas growing on a porcelain clam shell that I attached to a magnet halfway up the side of the tank. Its gonna take awhile for me to find the pics in the cloud though. I have a castle in my frag tank thats growing some pulsing xenia and a rosetip anemone. I love the mixture of live and artificial decor!
Let's see
 
Let's see
Ok haha. I have alot to go through, but let me see if I can find it tonight. My phone was messed up so I had to put everything in the cloud and get a new one so its all jumbled. Its nothing great lol just something I did in my first couple months of reefing. Currently looking for something else to glue zoas to which I will share when I figure it out too
 
I had some zoas growing on a porcelain clam shell that I attached to a magnet halfway up the side of the tank. Its gonna take awhile for me to find the pics in the cloud though. I have a castle in my frag tank thats growing some pulsing xenia and a rosetip anemone. I love the mixture of live and artificial decor!
I did manage to find a pic. I will do this again sometime once I find a better trinket. I was mistaken, it wasn't a clam and it was too bulky for my taste. But zoa gardens attached in this way would definitely be a statement.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210126-233451_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-233451_OneDrive.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 130
I sculpted the moai used in this 5 gal for another project that didn't end up working out. Randomly decided to try and grow corals on them instead with old freshwater tank I had, shocked how well it all worked out, never thought corals would do so well with such a simple set up, water changes only. It sits on my desk and I certainly spend more time looking at this tank than any other.
IMG_20200128_144438.jpg

View attachment 2033800

IMG_20200128_144650.jpg
IMG_20200128_144438.jpg IMG_20200303_165939.jpg
 
I sculpted the moai used in this 5 gal for another project that didn't end up working out. Randomly decided to try and grow corals on them instead with old freshwater tank I had, shocked how well it all worked out, never thought corals would do so well with such a simple set up, water changes only. It sits on my desk and I certainly spend more time looking at this tank than any other.
IMG_20200128_144438.jpg

View attachment 2033800

IMG_20200128_144650.jpg
IMG_20200128_144438.jpg IMG_20200303_165939.jpg
Those look amazing. What material did you use to sculpt the Moai?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new