EB832 stopped working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These types of resistors sit on top of the solder lugs, so you have to carefully de-solder each end and push away. I'll take a closer look and hopefully see the values of the other film resistors? I've been soldering since the 80's, so I have a little practice under my belt.
Yeah, I wonder if there's a code that I can write which will delay/defer power back to the outlet(s) one at a time in different intervals?

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I have 2 of these with the same symptoms. Everything seems to work right, fusion allows the outlets to be switched and the indicators for the sockets are changing, but there is no relay tick and the socket is not turned on. 24 V works just fine. I opened it up, and the 5v power supply that sits above the fan was not outputting any power. Fairly certain that means that the relays are dependent on the 5v. If that is true, than even a single drop of water hitting the back of the eb832's fan would cause the 5v PSU to short and stop functioning. This would cause all of the sockets to return to off. If that is the case, I will be very disappointed by the design of the eb832's power control. It almost begs for the user to destroy it. Even if the user keeps it near a tank, salt mist will kill it over time as it sucks it in. I cant say for sure this is the only reason causing our symptoms, but I really doubt it is more complicated than that. I have ordered a replacement power supply and will give that a try. If it works I am more than willing to repair this for others, or at least make a diy repair post about it.

MadeForThat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@minus9 I will be updating in the thread posted above by reefer reboot if. If you are confident with soldering I think you will be able to do this repair on your own (just have to wait 2 months for the replacement part....)

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I was just finishing installing a new equipment board and unhooked my apex so I can run the cables and clean things up a bit, but when I plugged everything back in my EB832 just started to make a clicking noise. Lights on the unit look normal, but it doesn't supply power to the outlets. I submitted a ticket, so we'll see? Anyone here encounter this issue? The breaker isn't tripped and my two EB8's are working just fine and they're twice as old. Ugh!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back