Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok picked a kit up a couple of weeks ago and just got around to trying it out. Alk was spot on! Went to do a po4 test and noticed the reagent area on the strip didn't fit all the way in. Noticed this for ca or nitrate as well.....do you guys bend or fold the strip? How do you move it back and forth once it's bend folded and in the reservoir?

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok picked a kit up a couple of weeks ago and just got around to trying it out. Alk was spot on! Went to do a po4 test and noticed the reagent area on the strip didn't fit all the way in. Noticed this for ca or nitrate as well.....do you guys bend or fold the strip? How do you move it back and forth once it's bend folded and in the reservoir?
They've posted its designed to wick in and no folding necessary.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is

https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?posts/2877331

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uxoyf8p1...H2x3a?lst=&preview=iDip+Procedure_CA_480p.mov

Please use the link about to view our new instructional video. It demonstrates a Calcium test, which is one of the strips that is longer than the cell. You will see that as long as the top most pad is wet the reagent will wick into the solution and it is designed this way. There is no need to bend the strips as it may impact the movement of the strip in the cell. For those of you who have used the eXact iDip we have some big improvements coming soon, including an app overhaul that will allow you to save and edit results in your preferred unit. We also have completely reworked the calcium test for improved accuracy and a developed long awaited Magnesium method.

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK.....I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed with this!!!!!! I was happy when alk test results were on par with my other kits but thats it. I test ca three time and got 3oo, 375 and 363....red sea comes in at 450. Po4 has read Lo 3x when my milwuakee martini meter test at .05. I have done nitrate 3x and keep getting Lo reading as well....api and nyos both read 10. I didnt even bother with testing mag given issues others have reported.

I looked for videos on po4 and no3 and couldnt find anything in the link that was provided above. Not a happy camper right now!

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The videos are within the app.

Disclaimer: i haven't actually confirmed the nitrate and phosphate are in there...

SPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so just for giggles I tested mag and got a HI reading. I tested no3 again and got 24 ppm. tested po4 one more time and still got Lo. :mad:

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can video what you are doing? Anytime I've had an anomalous reading, I've retested and been within 1-2ppm with alk and nitrates and within 10ppm on calcium.

lnevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THH is hardness and with the result of that we will be able to calculate mag, BUT right now this test is not capable of measuring seawater levels.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back