Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when are we getting an no3 test with higher resolution that reads anything but LO when nitrate is less than 3?

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you serious Noah?
Room temperature?

What does this mean, letting my testing water cool down from 25C Celcius to 20C Celsius?
I did not see this anywhere in the manual.
Yes I would try letting your water cool or warm to room temperature and then see what the results are. It was not in the manual but more of suggestion to see how the tests are affected.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when are we getting an no3 test with higher resolution that reads anything but LO when nitrate is less than 3?
The NO3 test has a range of 3-100ppm so yes if your NO3 is less than 3 it will read LO. Are you asking if we will have a test go that is from 0-100ppm that can read lower than 3 ppm?

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah,

I cant thank you enough for being so responsive. I will certainly not abuse it. Personally, I can be very patient while issues are being resolved. May I suggest an acknowledgement of current issues along with the status of ongoing resolution efforts as well as future product enhancements. Perhaps on your website. Then you can reference it on the forum boards.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, I think the temperature test should be done by Sensafe.

The NO3 test has a range of 3-100ppm so yes if your NO3 is less than 3 it will read LO. Are you asking if we will have a test go that is from 0-100ppm that can read lower than 3 ppm?
The European distribor is telling the lower limit for NO3 = 1 ppm...

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah,

I cant thank you enough for being so responsive. I will certainly not abuse it. Personally, I can be very patient while issues are being resolved. May I suggest an acknowledgement of current issues along with the status of ongoing resolution efforts as well as future product enhancements. Perhaps on your website. Then you can reference it on the forum boards.
That is a great suggestion and definitely something we are going to produce/provide in the very near future.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noah, I think the temperature test should be done by Sensafe.

The European distribor is telling the lower limit for NO3 = 1 ppm...
The current levels for NO3 are 3-100ppm. This information can be found on our website http://www.sensafe.com/reagents-by-meter/ and then click on the eXact iDip 570nm Smart Photometer System tab.

gus6464

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I would like if the no3 test can read lower than 3. 0-100 would be perfect.

Also for current owners of the idip can we call in and get the new thu test?

And one last thing do you know when the cyanuric acid test will be available? I use my idip to test my pool and that's the only test missing which is listed as coming soon.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Noah... ;)

Where can I find the latest PO4 range?

I saw Iodine in the iDip 570 list, can this be used for marine water?
It doesn't say "marine" but so doesn't PO4.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I would like if the no3 test can read lower than 3. 0-100 would be perfect.

Also for current owners of the idip can we call in and get the new thu test?

And one last thing do you know when the cyanuric acid test will be available? I use my idip to test my pool and that's the only test missing which is listed as coming soon.
Unfortunately the parameters are going to stay at 3-100ppm. I believe 3ppm is the lowest level our chemistries can read in the iDip. I will add lower levels to the suggestions list and report back to you with answer as soon as I know.

You can email me your home address at [email protected] and I will send you the THU strips and THU reagent ASAP if you are located in the US.

I believe its a couple weeks on the cyanuric acid. I will find out the exact date or ETA tomorrow when I am back in the office and report it too you as soon as I know.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Noah... ;)

Where can I find the latest PO4 range?

I saw Iodine in the iDip 570 list, can this be used for marine water?
It doesn't say "marine" but so doesn't PO4.
The range is 0.20-3.0 ppm for PO4 and I will confirm with the lab tomorrow that this is correct. The only tests that will work marine wise are the ones that say marine next to them. PO4 does work marine wise and I will mention to our tech people that it needs to be completed on the chart on the website.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The range is 0.20-3.0 ppm for PO4 and I will confirm with the lab tomorrow that this is correct.
Thanks Noah !
I hope you're a bit wrong with the PO4 range...
Overhere we are aiming for a PO4 of 0.04 ppm... ;)

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Noah!

Thanks for your understanding and quick response to this forum. We Reefers might seam like a pain and hopefully we were not the reason for Christian to leave but we just want the best and most accurate test results available at our finger tips. I understand that your current no3 test can't read lower than 3 maybe y'all can make an ultra low test that is designed to only read lower levels. If you get a chance try to watch this video that another sponsor on r2r put out a few weeks ago maybe it can help you understand some of your competitors and what we as consumers really want.

nc208082

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can some of the users confirm what tests are accurate?

The ranges for NO3 and PO4 are too high to be of use to me personally. Are there plans to adjust for a lower resolution no3 and po4.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, thanks!

Can some of the users confirm what tests are accurate?
For now I only use the the iDip for testing Ph, Alk and Ca only. Ca is close, not perfect but within the specs.
Mg is always too low but I must say I haven't been able to test for Mg with the new THU strips. Let's hope this is better now.
I wouldn't test for NO3 or PO4 because the results are way off, sorry...
For PO4 I use the Hanna HI736, which is the standard overhere.
For NO3 I use the Salifert testkit.

BTW, these results are backed by lab tests.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Noah!

Thanks for your understanding and quick response to this forum. We Reefers might seam like a pain and hopefully we were not the reason for Christian to leave but we just want the best and most accurate test results available at our finger tips. I understand that your current no3 test can't read lower than 3 maybe y'all can make an ultra low test that is designed to only read lower levels. If you get a chance try to watch this video that another sponsor on r2r put out a few weeks ago maybe it can help you understand some of your competitors and what we as consumers really want.

Thank you for this video it was very informative. I guess my question to all users is what ranges would you like to see or have for PO4 and NO3. Also the plan is to produce a video similar to this with our products using known standards and showing the results we obtain.

IronVulture

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as no3 there really needs to be a high test and an ultra low test for po4 ultra low is likely to be the most preferred.

I hope you watched all the way to the end.

C Hawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my test result log. I had low readings of 4 ppm and .02 ppm for NO3 and PO4 recorded respectively. So while the 3 ppm low end for NO3 jives with my results the PO4 low end clearly does not.

For NO3 I can live with 3 as the low end. Zero would be nice but recognize the difficulty of getting there. For my mixed reef anything below 10 is acceptable to me and actually I prefer some nitrates in the water. PO4 is another matter. .03 PPM is a good low end for me for that is my target number. Many reefers strive for a similar number. But once again I am skeptical of the .2 ppm number cited above. I would venture to say .02ppm is the low end number.

Arne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the plan is to produce a video similar to this with our products using known standards and showing the results we obtain.
Noah, we did a lot of testing and comparing months ago.
We tested multiple iDips against e.g. the "simple" colored egg, Hanna HI736 for PO4 but also professional Hanna equipment and multiple color tests.
As a check we took the same samplewater and send it in to Triton. I, myself, also consulted another lab (Reef Analytics) to have them examine some sample water too...
The NO3 and PO4 results were stunning !

Also test were done with multiple reference fluids like the Fauna Marin Multi Reference fluid...
I told Luke Thurville about some "questionable" test results and the only answer he could give me was that a reference fluid, like the Fauna Marin Multi Reference, doesn't reflect Marine water...
Case closed! Never heard anything again...

Of course I checked with Fauna Marin lab here in Germany, they were very friendly but they also friendly disagreed...
Fauna Marin: "This is what this reference fluid was made for..."

Also a lot of feedback has been given to Luke concerning the ranges. Users, distributor but also Mr. Glenn Fong, the man behind DSR gave input.
Sorry to see that it seems nothing has been passed to you then...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back