Extinction predictor to help protect coral reefs

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,879
Reaction score
122,569
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More than a third of coral reef fish species are in jeopardy of local extinction from the impacts of climate change on coral reefs, a new scientific study has found. A new predictive method developed by an international team of marine scientists has found that a third of reef fishes studied across the Indian Ocean are potentially vulnerable to increasing stresses on the reefs due to climate change.

More...
 
Do you want me to turn this into a religious discussion?;) I personally believe we need to do our best to protect the earths resources, but don't really buy that we are responsible for global warming. We know throughout history that the climate has changed, just part of the cycle IMO. I would rather we focus on real pollution like the massive amount of(plastics etc) waste in the pacific ocean and the toxins we dump into our streams and rivers....
 
Actually this was auto posted by an RSS feed that I had set up. I don't buy a lot of things too if you get my drift. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new