Favorite *Small* Fish

dru.b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
favourites in my tank ,pair of black ice clownfish,bullet hole ones so I've been told by lfs and a red spotted flymo blenny

dru.b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1362.JPG

c'est ma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of Green-banded Gobies in a 5.5g nano for 3 or 4 years that amazed me by spawning once a week for nearly all that time. It was a such a thrill and a privilege to observe this behavior--courtship, nest establishment, nest tending (by male), hatch and conveyance of larvae out of nest (by male, in his mouth!).

Dunno if these pics will appear or not--tried copying and pasting from an old thread from another forum.

Gravid female:

dscn0046largevu4.jpg

Male displaying behind gravid female:

dscn0032largejl0.jpg

Larvae:

gobyfrythumb.jpg

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how come nobody suggested a clownfish???? those are by far the most reliable and cool and cheap fish out there.

There was one person. I was kind of expecting it to be a little more popular but maybe that's why it's not popular (since it's a popular pick). Hehe

i have a osellaris clown already. I was also thinking of adding a second. I haven't looked up how difficult they are to pair. Idk hehe

Two of my favorites, basslets and of course clown fish

Ljaus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a little bit of algae to support it a rainford's goby would be a nice addition. I'm actually looking at getting one myself, my lfs has a few in and they are interesting to watch. They like to shift substrate to.

image.jpeg

Angelo Fatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was one person. I was kind of expecting it to be a little more popular but maybe that's why it's not popular (since it's a popular pick). Hehe

i have a osellaris clown already. I was also thinking of adding a second. I haven't looked up how difficult they are to pair. Idk hehe
I literally put two different sized clowns in my 20 gallon and they immediately asserted dominance and they never leave each others sides now :) just a matter of if theyre comfy with the parameters and hiding spots and stuff, really easy

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally put two different sized clowns in my 20 gallon and they immediately asserted dominance and they never leave each others sides now :) just a matter of if theyre comfy with the parameters and hiding spots and stuff, really easy
I did the exact same thing and have had the same results. They live happily in their BTA. Just make sure they're different sizes.

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair of Green-banded Gobies in a 5.5g nano for 3 or 4 years that amazed me by spawning once a week for nearly all that time. It was a such a thrill and a privilege to observe this behavior--courtship, nest establishment, nest tending (by male), hatch and conveyance of larvae out of nest (by male, in his mouth!).

Dunno if these pics will appear or not--tried copying and pasting from an old thread from another forum.

Gravid female:

dscn0046largevu4.jpg

Male displaying behind gravid female:

dscn0032largejl0.jpg

Larvae:

gobyfrythumb.jpg
Absolutely beautiful!

kangadrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get a pellet-feeding Mandarin, do it. My personal favorite would be firefish though, I want to breed them one day. A pair of blue damsels would be nice too. That's another species I want to breed

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back