fireworm OUCH!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo21
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have lots of those in the tank. They really don't harm anything (usually). Thankfully I am not sensitive to the bristles as I've picked them up with rocks many times and had to pick out fiberglass like bristles from my hand. I only remove them if they get really big, over 4" say. I did have one that decided to wander ascoss a condy anemone one night and unfortunately it ended up in a 2KO. The condy tried to swallow the worm, the worm shed spines all over the place, inside and out on the nem, and both ended up ultimatly dying. Not a great loss either way to be honest, the condy was an early, uninformed buy when I was new to the reef hobby, and I had been trying to get it out for ages without tearing down the rockwork. Too bad it had to die, but I was happy to have it gone all the same.
 
I pulled on out of my tank that stretch about 3 feet before he came out of the rock. I believe the largest recorded was 20 feet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new