first post! hello from Austin

digitalintrigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had reef tanks going back over 25 years, off and on, but have only had a little FOWLR for the last five, as I've been too busy for anything more involved due to building a house, among other endeavors.

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 with a single blue damsel. :)

I just recently picked up a 15 gallon Aqueon rimless from Petco when they had their sale, $50 sounded like a deal.

I've had a bunch of dead rock stored away from when I shut down a 125 gallon some time ago, the largest of which is 32 pounds. It takes up a lot of the tank but there are a zillion little caves. Moved the small rock from the 10 over to the 15 for an instant cycle. Below you can see the darker rock pieces that were taken from the Fusion and the lighter colored rock is the 32 pounder. And Mr. Damsel is visible, he loves all the new rooms!

The plan is to move the smaller rock back to the 10 gallon for a coral tank, and add some color varieties of macroalgae and a couple more fish to the 15 gallon. Keeping things simple, just a Tunze for circ and a heater, very low bio-load and water changes. Bare bottom with 1/4" starboard.

Been a while since I was on any reef forums, seems like this one is super-active.

IMG_5644.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had reef tanks going back over 25 years, off and on, but have only had a little FOWLR for the last five, as I've been too busy for anything more involved due to building a house, among other endeavors.

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 with a single blue damsel. :)

I just recently picked up a 15 gallon Aqueon rimless from Petco when they had their sale, $50 sounded like a deal.

I've had a bunch of dead rock stored away from when I shut down a 125 gallon some time ago, the largest of which is 32 pounds. It takes up a lot of the tank but there are a zillion little caves. Moved the small rock from the 10 over to the 15 for an instant cycle. Below you can see the darker rock pieces that were taken from the Fusion and the lighter colored rock is the 32 pounder. And Mr. Damsel is visible, he loves all the new rooms!

The plan is to move the smaller rock back to the 10 gallon for a coral tank, and add some color varieties of macroalgae and a couple more fish to the 15 gallon. Keeping things simple, just a Tunze for circ and a heater, very low bio-load and water changes. Bare bottom with 1/4" starboard.

Been a while since I was on any reef forums, seems like this one is super-active.

IMG_5644.jpg
Looking at your pic really makes me miss being able to get live rock. The dry stuff available now just doesn’t look as good to the eyes IMO.
IMG_2198.gif
Anyhow welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
D

digitalintrigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy buckets Batman! That's a lot of rock :)
That's a great way to cycle.
Welcome to the Reef!

thank you, yes, the 32 pound rock barely fit into the tank :)

Welcome
Build thread?
there really isn't much left, I wouldn't even call it a 'build.' just planning to add some macroalgae.

OP
OP
D

digitalintrigue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your pic really makes me miss being able to get live rock. The dry stuff available now just doesn’t look as good to the eyes IMO. Anyhow welcome to the forum!

I bought 65 or so pounds maybe 20 years ago from https://pacificeastaquaculture.com. It's been in a box since about 2005....until now. Well, half of it is still in a box. :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back