OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange...... no one seems to be posting any pics of Reefapalooza this weekend..... :(

We got home from Chicago at 2:00am and just getting up. I didn't take any pictures, the wife did and she's got to send them to me to post. So hang on. I'll post some!

We as a family went into Chicago to let my Stepdaughter and my grandson's see the city before driving over to RAP. Went to Navy Pier and had Chicago dogs for lunch. It was a beautiful day to walk the city, but our feet were hurting by the time we left. Took a hour to drive from the city to Schaumburg because of traffic! Ugh!

RAP was packed and I spent time talking with the guys at the Reef2reef Booth for sometime. First time meeting the Rev, Daniel, Crabs, Hotrocks,.......etc. it was a great time meeting them! Talked with Terrence from Neptune systems for quite awhile, he's a great guy! Told him in closing that his pod cast with Richard Ross was one of my favorite to listen to! He was a pleasure to meet. Talked with a ton of people, attendees and vendors.

The wife won a gift certificate for $100 dollars from a coral vendor during the raffle!

We left the event after the raffle and went over for dinner with the family at Giordano's and had chicken wings and deep dish pizza. It was good, but not what we expected. Then we drove home. 700 hundred miles round trip total! It was a very long day to say the least, but very fun!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the navy pier. I stayed on lake shore drive at the W hotel and it was an amazing view night and day from the 22nd floor there looking out over the pier... The sculptures around downtown in the business district are amazing as well. Glad you enjoyed it! What did u snag with the $100 voucher?

Lookin forward to pics!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one picture that's out already!

1571595121620.png

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome trip! Sounds like it was a great time for all at RAP

It was! Just not as much time as I would have liked there. I still can't believe we packed all of what we did in such a small window of time! Next year definitely getting a hotel room so we can stay the whole weekend!

IMG_20191019_111025.jpg

IMG_20191019_105328.jpg

20191019_103457.jpg

20191019_111427.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20191019_180846.jpg

My son's reaction after they came out with the two large deep dish pizzas at our table was priceless! Lol
Hmm... that doesn't look like Gino's East! ;Wideyed

Edit: It does look like a Giordanos, which is also a good choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm... that doesn't look like Gino's East! ;Wideyed

Edit: It does look like a Giordanos, which is also a good choice.

It was "okay"! We are all spoiled on thin crust with more toppings! Lol

Added more sand today to the DT. (Took off work to recover from reefapalooza! Lol)

DSC_0136.JPG

DSC_0137.JPG

DSC_0138.JPG

Toadstools need to go! Okay at least one!

U

User1

View Badges
Stalking your thread today and forgot to say nice updates and glad you and yours had a safe trip!

My memories of Chicago...being stuck in an elevator 14 or so floors up over night due some maintenance work being done and caught in the middle of someone doing it earlier than stated... That and of course working on Tandem NonStop once I got back into the lab. Glad your time was more fun!!!!! :D

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stalking your thread today and forgot to say nice updates and glad you and yours had a safe trip!

My memories of Chicago...being stuck in an elevator 14 or so floors up over night due some maintenance work being done and caught in the middle of someone doing it earlier than stated... That and of course working on Tandem NonStop once I got back into the lab. Glad your time was more fun!!!!! :D

Dang, 14 hours! What the heck!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Monti cap is beautiful. Rest of tank not to shabby either :p
Agreed- I love this monti cap and really hoped I’d have one like it one day. Think I might have ‘scaped myself out of that possibility though- just not sure where I’d put one

Awesome recap of your day Flipper. I’ve only been to chi town twice for conferences, but I did do the walk from the bean, to navy pier to Shedd one time and my feet were killing me. I took a water taxi back closer to the hotel, and nearly got hypothermia. Mid March, on the lake, in a T-shirt, lol

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed- I love this monti cap and really hoped I’d have one like it one day. Think I might have ‘scaped myself out of that possibility though- just not sure where I’d put one

Awesome recap of your day Flipper. I’ve only been to chi town twice for conferences, but I did do the walk from the bean, to navy pier to Shedd one time and my feet were killing me. I took a water taxi back closer to the hotel, and nearly got hypothermia. Mid March, on the lake, in a T-shirt, lol

Thank you!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back