F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is going to look amazing when those little frags you have grow in! :p

Speaking of frags, I need some when I get around to fragging some of this growth out! Lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of frags, I need some when I get around to fragging some of this growth out! Lol
I get it. I cut out around 60 frags 2 weeks ago and I already need to cut coral back. It's a wonderful problem to have but I wish I had more time to deal with it!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it. I cut out around 60 frags 2 weeks ago and I already need to cut coral back. It's a wonderful problem to have but I wish I had more time to deal with it!

Me too. Just too busy lately.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change day. I've got to make some water today. Tank is doing good.

On the Covid-19 front, a family member is bringing a case of N95 masks to us tomorrow. We have been making bleach water to make sanitizer. We have surgical gloves to wear.

1 teaspoon per cup of water. Spray bottle. Spray hard surfaces down and let dry. Door knobs, counter tops, bathrooms, kitchen..... Spray into a wash cloth and wipe down anything that gets touched. Cars too.

Mail is now wiped down as a postal worker locally was confirmed positive.

Wife quit her job at BJC. Weeks ago her boss told her to take off a surgical mask while working at the hospital. They said it wasn't allowed by staff. I told her to quit and she did. We are okay financially with me working. Our safety is more important. Here's a news story that was posted yesterday. Saint Mary's is apart of BJC hospital system.

We went out to Dairy Queen to go through the drive through for burgers yesterday. I whish we hadn't. Drove by the hospital on the way. White isolation tents in the front of the ER. Ambulances parked in front of them with their lights on. Us with our masks and gloves on driving to get burgers was like a sci fi movie.

Last edited:

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change day. I've got to make some water today. Tank is doing good.

On the Covid-19 front, a family member is bringing a case of N95 masks to us tomorrow. We have been making bleach water to make sanitizer. We have surgical gloves to wear.

1 teaspoon per cup of water. Spray bottle. Spray hard surfaces down and let dry. Door knobs, counter tops, bathrooms, kitchen..... Spray into a wash cloth and wipe down anything that gets touched. Cars too.

Mail is now wiped down as a postal worker locally was confirmed positive.

Wife quit her job at BJC. Weeks ago her boss told her to take off a surgical mask while working at the hospital. They said it wasn't allowed by staff. I told her to quit and she did. We are okay financially with me working. Our safety is more important. Here's a news story that was posted yesterday. Saint Mary's is apart of BJC hospital system.

We went out to Dairy Queen to go through the drive through for burgers. I whish we hadn't. Drove by the hospital on the way. White isolation tents in the front of the ER. Ambulances parked in front of them with their lights on. Us with our masks and gloves on driving to get burgers was like a sci fi movie.
Awful stuff, but we will get through this. Life will be much different on the other side for everyone. No doubt about that.
I'm glad you two are safe for now

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awful stuff, but we will get through this. Life will be much different on the other side for everyone. No doubt about that.
I'm glad you two are safe for now

Thank you Steven! You and yours stay safe!

U

User1

View Badges
Currently listening to:

Ok, this got a bit awkward or all Twilight Zone'ish. I know not at the same time but I just read this and guess what is playing on my stereo? Into the Fire - but by Dokken, not by Bryan Adams though. Still, cosmically fascinating that the song names are the same :D

The hospital / unit my wife works at is all sorts of crazy at the moment. You know it is getting bad, or people are planning properly, when the president signs a directive that it is ok to call up prior military that are in critical job roles but retired and no longer in the ready reserves or reserves. I mean - they are out out and have no more commitments...

Hey - have a super amazing day and stay staff at work.

Edit: Love the tank progress. I wish my monti's would scroll a bit more like yours. I have a red one that I picked up from Pacific East Aquaculture and it is doing great but would like more of a layer effect like you have. Also a purple one would be nice.... Great looking tank! Great job.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this got a bit awkward or all Twilight Zone'ish. I know not at the same time but I just read this and guess what is playing on my stereo? Into the Fire - but by Dokken, not by Bryan Adams though. Still, cosmically fascinating that the song names are the same :D

The hospital / unit my wife works at is all sorts of crazy at the moment. You know it is getting bad, or people are planning properly, when the president signs a directive that it is ok to call up prior military that are in critical job roles but retired and no longer in the ready reserves or reserves. I mean - they are out out and have no more commitments...

Hey - have a super amazing day and stay staff at work.

Edit: Love the tank progress. I wish my monti's would scroll a bit more like yours. I have a red one that I picked up from Pacific East Aquaculture and it is doing great but would like more of a layer effect like you have. Also a purple one would be nice.... Great looking tank! Great job.

When I was in, my contact was for 4 years active and 4 years inactive. Meaning once I was out they could call me back into service during the 4 years inactive. Times of national emergency or WW3.

Me now:

IMG_20200324_170000029.jpg

Thanks about the Monti and the tank!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back