RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UV bulb finally showed up. It's a bad bulb! Not happy!

Melanurus is swimming everywhere and eating like a champ. I may release tomorrow evening after lights out on the DT.
The worst. A late delivery and garbage upon arrival. Sorry bub.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst. A late delivery and garbage upon arrival. Sorry bub.

Life happens. Suck it up and move on is where I'm at. Just glad the Mel is in great shape and ready.

Tank is very clear today, I skipped a water change last week and it helped. Still want a bulb for it for the next time!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little at a time!

DSC_0077.JPG
Wow beautiful Don..

U

User1

View Badges
I try to keep a backup of anything vital. Here, it may take 10 days to get something.

Same here although it doesn't take 10 days to get here for most things. Backup though saved me this weekend. I run redundant pumps both Neptune. However, one return pump is a Cor 20 whereas the other is a Cor 15. I also have my skimmer powered by a Cor 15. When our power surge wrecked our neighborhood it knocked out the 1 link layer on the Apex energy bar such that it appeared to have blown all 1 link items. So Cor 15's and Trident. They showed up missing in local and Fusion portals. Anyway had I used only the matching Cor 15's for returns (which I've considered) the one return that used the Cor 20 is plugged into another wall outlet with a surge protector off the Apex energy par, etc.

Tank still had circulation minus skimmer and other return which gave me a day to get everything else situated priority wise. Came back the next day and got everything to reset so fish tank good. Appliances though and solar panels among other things not so lucky....

Spare, backup, redundant items critical to the system - 100% agree!

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here although it doesn't take 10 days to get here for most things. Backup though saved me this weekend. I run redundant pumps both Neptune. However, one return pump is a Cor 20 whereas the other is a Cor 15. I also have my skimmer powered by a Cor 15. When our power surge wrecked our neighborhood it knocked out the 1 link layer on the Apex energy bar such that it appeared to have blown all 1 link items. So Cor 15's and Trident. They showed up missing in local and Fusion portals. Anyway had I used only the matching Cor 15's for returns (which I've considered) the one return that used the Cor 20 is plugged into another wall outlet with a surge protector off the Apex energy par, etc.

Tank still had circulation minus skimmer and other return which gave me a day to get everything else situated priority wise. Came back the next day and got everything to reset so fish tank good. Appliances though and solar panels among other things not so lucky....

Spare, backup, redundant items critical to the system - 100% agree!
Solar panels? What?

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow beautiful Don..

Thanks Jason! Still have sand to add to the back of the rock work. Just been busy with life, quarantining fish.....

U

User1

View Badges
Solar panels? What?

You may have read me asking the question in Brew's thread. Anyway driver hit a power line last weekend. Started a fire, lost power, another line went down, and either before or after power was restored, we are still not clear which, something on their end failed sending 3 times the normal power into our neighborhood. Needless to say a lot of people lost appliances and other things. Our house we are either replacing or fixing 2 refrigerators, dishwasher, toaster, tea pot, HVAC thermostat, replaced HVAC board, and to be determined solar invert or panels or both. That thing blew a capacitor and actually almost started a fire...

We got hit pretty hard but others in the neighborhood also lost their TV's, washer, dryer, etc. Some homes are fine, others not. Trying to see if it may be those with vs. without solar and what solar company. I was lucky that the neptune energy bar did whatever it is supposed to with the breaker otherwise that stuff would have been also added.

Sorry flips - didn't meant to steal bandwidth in your thread. I really need to start my own build thread but I was passing by and commenting... Love the updates BTW :D

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Don ...your tank is looking awesome.....but I think I know realise I'm feeding my tank too much now ..

Thanks! It really doesn't take a lot of food to keep them happy and fat.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may have read me asking the question in Brew's thread. Anyway driver hit a power line last weekend. Started a fire, lost power, another line went down, and either before or after power was restored, we are still not clear which, something on their end failed sending 3 times the normal power into our neighborhood. Needless to say a lot of people lost appliances and other things. Our house we are either replacing or fixing 2 refrigerators, dishwasher, toaster, tea pot, HVAC thermostat, replaced HVAC board, and to be determined solar invert or panels or both. That thing blew a capacitor and actually almost started a fire...

We got hit pretty hard but others in the neighborhood also lost their TV's, washer, dryer, etc. Some homes are fine, others not. Trying to see if it may be those with vs. without solar and what solar company. I was lucky that the neptune energy bar did whatever it is supposed to with the breaker otherwise that stuff would have been also added.

Sorry flips - didn't meant to steal bandwidth in your thread. I really need to start my own build thread but I was passing by and commenting... Love the updates BTW :D

No problem! Always welcome! :)

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious - what’s your fish list in this tank? Love the big coral colonies!

Two clowns
Tomini tang
Long nose hawk
Mandarin
Yellow Wrasse
Melanurus Wrasse
Blue star leopard wrasse
Solon wrasse

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife saw a picture of a leopard wrasse that MD posted a couple days ago and said we should get one..... ;)

Now to find a healthy one that's eating....

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back