OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an impressive journey against dinos. And to see them just up and vamoosh, and it happened to be in conjunction with a simple raise of temperature? Fw parasites nostalgia? Snake oil?!!?

Pow! Right in da kissa! Good stuff man, whatever the bottom line is for why or how.

Did u use thread and a paperclip?
giphy.gif

There's science in what happened to my dinoflagellates. What exactly happened and why, no one may never know, without a control and the ability to replicate everything biologically....... Maybe the temperature increase just tipped the scale so to speak. All I know is they are not visible and that's what I wanted.

Mac Flipper:
I used an radio antenna from a 54 bel air (four door), sharpened it to a point, attached a battery regulator from a minute man intercontinental ballistic missile guidance system to it with a Mayan ceremonal Crystal skull, focused sun rays through the skull at the canopy and ........well the rest is top secret. :cool:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mac Flipper:
I used an radio antenna from a 54 bel air (four door), sharpened it to a point, attached a battery regulator from a minute man intercontinental ballistic missile guidance system to it with a Mayan ceremonal Crystal skull, focused sun rays through the skull at the canopy and ........well the rest is top secret. :cool:
Im dying laughing right now. My beyter half is asking me if im ok. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Sand bed is still clean! Im declaring a temporary victory over the Dinoflagellates at this point! Knowing that they can "cyst" and lay dormant waiting for conditions to improve in their favor, it's not a total victory at this time. Realistically.

I'm set to frag the toadstools this weekend, but.....there is always a but! Lol We are doing a total backyard redo with topsoil and premium grass seed. It's needed as I've not addressed it's condition all summer and fall is coming soon. Not all of it is bad, just.....

IMG_20200813_160950847_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200813_161002532_HDR.jpg

Seed is coming from North Carolina and will be here Saturday and top soil being delivered tomorrow.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back on the toadstools, I'm going to use rubble rock to attach them with rubber bands. I've got some unused dry rock that I'm going to bust up for the rubble.

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back on the toadstools, I'm going to use rubble rock to attach them with rubber bands. I've got some unused dry rock that I'm going to bust up for the rubble.
I might be different than everyone else but, I prefer frags on rubble than the frags plugs.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Been pretty busy lately and I was able to get all the yard work done. Of course with having two boxers, I had the fence off the areas that I want to grow grass in. They took a little bit of time and I completed the last of it last night. So here locally we're going to have a good stretch of weather with no major storms or rain coming. As long as I keep it wet it should grow and within the next couple days I should start seeing some grass.

Fragging the toadstools got put off hopefully till this coming weekend. I was able to break up some dry Rock to make frag plugs with. It's soaking in some salt water now.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I finally got to frag one of the Toadstools!

IMG_20200822_160950329.jpg

IMG_20200822_162526971.jpg

Main stalk:

DSC_0292.JPG

Got some babies that where on the rubble rock in-between the two monsters:

DSC_0291.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

Got 8 frags off of it. No more today.

Lots of rinsing before they went into the system.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So will the chopped stalk grow another...crown I guess it’s called?
Are you a little bit sad?

Yes it will. I've been down this road before, so no, not sad.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some cool toys to do video today, thanks to the wife. She bought them for me!

IMG_20200826_190551697.jpg

It's late and I'm tired, so off to bed soon. I'll have to play with them tomorrow! The camera came with a underwater water proof case. This could be very cool!..........

Back