OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve only made it through 10 pages or so and I’ve already stolen all your plumbing plans, some good stuff here. Can’t wait to use for my new set up. Beautiful tank too!

Thank you! Glad I could help. It's what it's all about!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weekend update:

No water change this weekend, just ATO top off. Running GAC for the toadstool frags, so I'm good on water change till next weekend.

Worked on the yard all today.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0003.JPG

Toadstools are looking very good!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envy your city of blue candy cane coral ;Bookworm

Thank you. I've told the story about them before. About six or seven years ago my stepdaughter bought me two dieing heads of that for father's day. I could begin to say how many heads I have now. 500+ possibly.

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I've told the story about them before. About six or seven years ago my stepdaughter bought me two dieing heads of that for father's day. I could begin to say how many heads I have now. 500+ possibly.
That’s awesome. Candy cane coral has always been that ONE coral that I can’t seem to keep :(

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking forward to some underwater fish eye videos :)

I'm looking into it as it's one thing I'd like to do.

@Victoria M, last night's progress:
DSC_0003.JPG

I'll be testing how well they're attached tonight. If we are good, off comes the rubber bands.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking into it as it's one thing I'd like to do.

@Victoria M, last night's progress:
DSC_0003.JPG

I'll be testing how well they're attached tonight. If we are good, off comes the rubber bands.

Dang the frag tank is full!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you making a fish store trip this weekend? :D

Don’t know yet.
My cell phone crapped out on me and I needed a new phone today. I could call out without a horrible noise.

Me and the wife were to got to the phone store to get a new one when I got home from work. Well I get home and she already got me a phone. A iPhone 11!

Still setting it up.

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow incredible tank! It took me 4 days but I finally got through your thread. It was like reading a good book and I’m finally at the end. I’m picking up my 125 gallon tank this weekend and will be slowly setting it up in the coming months. Hoping to have fish in it by Christmas.
Your thread here is loaded with such useful information I barely know where to begin with the questions. I have seen a few things you did that I’d like to incorporate in my tank.
I looked into the viparspectra lights and they look impressive for the price. My question is do you think that 3x165 watt fixtures are sufficient for a 6’ tank or 2x300 watt fixtures?
I have a 2” red monti frag I just got for my 32biocube last month and now you’ve helped me set a goal as to where I’d like it to be in 3 years.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow incredible tank! It took me 4 days but I finally got through your thread. It was like reading a good book and I’m finally at the end. I’m picking up my 125 gallon tank this weekend and will be slowly setting it up in the coming months. Hoping to have fish in it by Christmas.
Your thread here is loaded with such useful information I barely know where to begin with the questions. I have seen a few things you did that I’d like to incorporate in my tank.
I looked into the viparspectra lights and they look impressive for the price. My question is do you think that 3x165 watt fixtures are sufficient for a 6’ tank or 2x300 watt fixtures?
I have a 2” red monti frag I just got for my 32biocube last month and now you’ve helped me set a goal as to where I’d like it to be in 3 years.

Glad to have helped! Yes three 165w units will work well!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back