Flow help

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190707_181439299.jpg

For my new tank, I have a bit of a flow dilemma. I have 4x mp40qd and tank is a standard 4ft 120 gallon. I would really like to avoid putting the pumps on the ends to avoid observing the viewing. I am thinking that the pumps spread across the top back to create a bulk water movement may be a viable option. If in sync they can push the water forward across the top, down and back. The tank will be BB.

Other thoughts welcome

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get 2 icecap gyre 3k. Mount on back glass at top of tank on each side of your over flow and your problem is solved

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re going BB, and thinking of acros, I’d choose their well being and flow over obstructing the view slightly. That’s just me though.

You could do as you say, but I’d aim for random flow from different directions, personally.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You cannot screw this up. 4x of those is more than enough. I probably would only use 2. I only use a pair of Tunze in my 240g tank, but I also have a wavebox which moves all of the water all of the time.

I do agree with the sentiment that the corals matter more than your view. If you always choose to do what is best for the coral, then you will be more successful.

OP
OP
adtravels

adtravels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, thanks. I have moved over to the idea that the ends will be better for the corals. Two at the top either side two at the back. Thanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back