Flukes – General Guidelines

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the Amazon reviews I am reading say PraziPro will kill snails and will kill live rock. True or false ?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the Amazon reviews I am reading say PraziPro will kill snails and will kill live rock. True or false ?

False. It may temporarily effect your biofilter, but it won't effect it for long. The bacteria usually bounce back quickly. It won't effect your snails... it can hurt feather dusters and bristle worms, but it doesnt' seem to happen often.

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are eating like pigs. They are not suffering from lack of appetite. Every once in a while they go into a fit and rub on the gravel or dart about quickly.

Is it possible that they can overcome what's bothering them on there own ?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are eating like pigs. They are not suffering from lack of appetite. Every once in a while they go into a fit and rub on the gravel or dart about quickly.

Is it possible that they can overcome what's bothering them on there own ?

If it's flukes, then probably not. Flukes is easy to treat but is a slow death if left on it's own. Most fish will develop an infection and die of that, others will eventually suffocate from fluid build up in the gills.

BMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang....I hate to treat the display tank but I don't have any other choice. Is PraziPro my best choice for med ?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any adverse effects since using the Prazipro on your DT? Just curious. I am about to do the same to my DT. Thanks.
It will kill feather dusters and some worms but otherwise the impact on a reef tank "should" be minimal.

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have new reeftank and there is some stringy poop probkem with my acanthurus tang and also my clown swims at surface on the sid or upside down sometimes. I think its gill flukes as my flame goby also rubs with sand sometimes. Today i dosed 32ml of prazipro in my 130g with softies and lps. Do i feed metro/focus made using hikari marine s also? My temp stays between 26-27C so when do i redose? How many times? Its monday night here though.
I have removed all the filters and carbon.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have new reeftank and there is some stringy poop probkem with my acanthurus tang and also my clown swims at surface on the sid or upside down sometimes. I think its gill flukes as my flame goby also rubs with sand sometimes. Today i dosed 32ml of prazipro in my 130g with softies and lps. Do i feed metro/focus made using hikari marine s also? My temp stays between 26-27C so when do i redose? How many times? Its monday night here though.
I have removed all the filters and carbon.

Was the stringy poop white?

This calculator tells you when to redose prazi for the gill flukes: http://marineparasites.com/paratreatmentcal.html

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do fishes poop giant ball while recovering from flukes or intestinal parasites?

Please see photo, befire i thought its a stone, but when i tried to remove, it jus squashed and seperated like poop saw again today, so clicked pic.

Another thein is that my tang tummy looks swollen the whole day, but every morning its flat. Iv seen some poop struggle too, thats what it is i guess.
bc961cd61c13913e5cae671678a6ef10.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back