Grow out contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand it would be hard but it is weird to have someone in the contest be a judge also. Why not let Adam be the sole judge?

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A judge in this contest is basically looking at photos of the coral next to a ruler, there is no way to cheat, all the results are public knowledge and we will be able to review the results ourselves.

Nola Bear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only cheating I’ve heard of in a grow out is when someone claims a doa and then glues the second Frag to the first and viola double Frag cheater dirt bag. I don’t see an issue with judges being contestants

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just saying it's weird in any contest friendly or not to have a judge be part of the contest. I understand it's as easy as sticking a ruler next to the frag. Do we need three judges to do that? I just suggested it would be best and seemed to be the most fair for everyone, even if you have no issue with the judges being in the contest, to just let Adam be the sole judge.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand it would be hard but it is weird to have someone in the contest be a judge also. Why not let Adam be the sole judge?
Is there a specific reason of weirdness that makes you feel so strongly about this?

I think it is great that people have volunteered to oversee and put this together.

I think Adam has done more then enough offering frags to us for fun and games at a reduced price. Do we really want to burden him with looking at pictures too and updates?? I know if it were me I might not want to get involved the next time ;)

Am I missing something, you really seem to feel strongly about this?? Please share.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly or not it is obviously a conflict of interest. I originally put myself as a judge because I was on the fence about participating. And Clownman727 helped with writing up the rules. Adam would be final judge and tiebreaker. But I am also fine with Adam being the sole judge if he is okay with it. I don't want to make more work for him.

Also, realistically I doubt I'll even come close to winning this, but I guess you never know. Lol

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Friendly or not it is obviously a conflict of interest. I originally put myself as a judge because I was on the fence about participating. And Clownman727 helped with writing up the rules. Adam would be final judge and tiebreaker. But I am also fine with Adam being the sole judge if he is okay with it. I don't want to make more work for him.

Also, realistically I doubt I'll even come close to winning this, but I guess you never know. Lol
I think we all know Adam would graciously say it's not a problem. But lets be for real, its more work for anyone. I think that is a bad move and waiting till last minute like this is not cool imo. I will shut up and sit down now. You guys will figure it out. I am just ready for some good ole fashion fun!!!!

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a specific reason of weirdness that makes you feel so strongly about this?

I think it is great that people have volunteered to oversee and put this together.

I think Adam has done more then enough offering frags to us for fun and games at a reduced price. Do we really want to burden him with looking at pictures too and updates?? I know if it were me I might not want to get involved the next time ;)

Am I missing something, you really seem to feel strongly about this?? Please share.

I don't have strong feelings and it's not that big of deal. I'm just sharing my thoughts. Leahfiish said how she even sees how it's a conflict. Clownman said he wouldn't trust anyone, even with it just sticking a ruler next to the frag, so even in his mind there is more to it for him not to trust someone.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't care who is the judge or judges. I should be receiving my frag tomorrow. Are you creating a pic thread tonight @leahfiish for those receiving them tomorrow or just wait to post until the bulk of people receive them next week?

If they survive the cold...;Dead

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't care who is the judge or judges. I should be receiving my frag tomorrow. Are you creating a pic thread tonight @leahfiish for those receiving them tomorrow or just wait to post until the bulk of people receive them next week?

If they survive the cold...;Dead
Yeah the cold has a few vendors holding off shipping until next week.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got down to -8 last night where I live. -20 to -30 with the wind chill.

I should receive my frag next Tuesday. Along with a few extras.

I'm fine with the judges as they are. Or adding or subing one. Don't really have an opinion one way or another, honestly. I think it would be hard to cheat in this kind of contest.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Im totally fine with whatever you guys decide. No trouble at all for me to pop in and see how things are going anytime. Ultimately I think the winner/s will be fairly evident. with any luck lol

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See! A poll at the end on here like the ones they post almost daily or the totm ones could be the final deciding factor? Or that poll could choose the top 5 then Adam chooses the final winner?? That would be awesome!

Also I’ve lost 4/4 sps I tried out so far and some were montis so I’m pretty sure I would of been out week2.

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See! A poll at the end on here like the ones they post almost daily or the totm ones could be the final deciding factor? Or that poll could choose the top 5 then Adam chooses the final winner?? That would be awesome!

Also I’ve lost 4/4 sps I tried out so far and some were montis so I’m pretty sure I would of been out week2.

Thus is a cool idea.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back