Grow out contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the beauty of opinions. Mine is for keeper vs coral.

I wasn’t putting down your opinion. Lol

Sorry if it came off that way. It seems that quite a few people here are interested in a reliable grower rather than something which has a sensitive disposition is all.

Last edited:

keddre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$35.00 is a really good price for that, I looked it up on their website and it's $99.00 for a 1" frag. That said, I'm out because I know my tank can't keep any sps corals.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody against $10 prize pool on top of Adams cost?

This sounds excellent.

A recent local grow-out challenge sold $35 frags and kept $10 for the winner’s pot. It seems like a fair deal.

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe someone can set up a poll. We vote. 100, 75, 65, 60, 50 or whatever. I can't see going lower than 50 honestly. Thoughts?

I do think for the average hobbyist 100 after/during the holidays may be a touch steep for some. I think this is a great opportunity to get some of those less skilled (cough cough me) (at the right pricepoint) to hone their skills. Just my .02.

jason12e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why you do some side shopping, make that $30.00 stretch
This is one of the added reasons why I think the sponsor should extend a discount a little deeper than they normally would - - side shopping! [emoji23]

ptpablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in...I think it should be $100 buy-in. A $600 battlebox prize makes it money well spent in my opinion. At the end of the day you couldn't buy this piece with shipping for under $100 anyway!

Let's get growing!

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I understood.....Battlecorals is donating the frags 0
We will pay Battlecorals to ship approx 35
We each provide an addition 15 for various ‘prizes’ gifts
That brings the total to 50 for each participant.
I do not suggest a cash prize as there maybe tax liabilities associated for Battlecorals and the winner especially on an open public social board but rather allow Battlecorals to use the additional funds to give out ‘gifts’ of corals maybe a first second third and honorable mention.

Priceless is the momories and story you can tell friends and family about that special coral many of us will keep in our tank for years to come.

Again just my thoughts.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 for the frag he said. If my math is correct at a 100 you could get a 30 frag of a coral of choice so you will end up with two frags

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam is selling the frags for $25 a piece. Each participant is then donating an extra $10 to the prize pool (possibly for a battle box of some kind?). I doubt this would warrant taxes. Many coral distributors host contests with large cash prizes.

The buyers would also pay for shipping. I’m sure if people are in your area, group shipping options could be worked out to lessen the cost (this would be highly desirable!) :)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, $25 for the vivids rainbow is a heck of a deal. Once he lets us know what the shipping cost is we can come up with a better all in number

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back