Grow out contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could setup a poll of a few different coral options?
Take a few names that users suggest or you suggest from stuff you have post a pic or something of the prefragged colony and then participants have some kind of option.
I know the vivid rainbow has been mentioned but thought I might see what others thought?

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I misread. See above and read the link.

Perhaps there wasn’t enough clarification, or you didn’t read enough.

I have healthy crop of Vivid Rainbow Delight growing right now thanks to a good friend. May be great pick for the contest. Been captive for ages, moderately fast grower, practically indestructible but can be a little challenging to really color up well, which may add some flare to the contest.

what do you think good pitch? lol

would go 25 for a roughly 2" frag.

I assumed that was not including shipping. I am not expecting Adam to hand out free coral. I also intend to just get a battle box regardless. I’ve been waiting to get one for a while. :)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could setup a poll of a few different coral options?
Take a few names that users suggest or you suggest from stuff you have post a pic or something of the prefragged colony and then participants have some kind of option.
I know the vivid rainbow has been mentioned but thought I might see what others thought?

He said the vivids rainbow is because that is what he has enough to around to everyone. Everyone has to get the same frag to make it fair.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vivid seemed like a good choice not only because he has enough, but also because it’s a good grower / hardy and would be able to have some measurable growth/ coloration changes in the sixth month span of the challenge.

I think overall, it fit the bill of a lot of the requirements people were looking for out of this contest:)

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perhaps there wasn’t enough clarification, or you didn’t read enough.

I assumed that was not including shipping. I am not expecting Adam to hand out free coral. I also intend to just get a battle box regardless. I’ve been waiting to get one for a while. :)
Ho hum, my bad I guess.

RUNVS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clownman727
You mentioned you were interested in organizing this. Everyone obviously has opinions and not everyone is going to be satisfied. I think you need to just set the price, prize pool, rules etc.... (Btw there should be some ruler or something in the pictures to get an accurate size, as well as clarity on what type of growth we are measuring)
@Battlecorals Could you post a colony picture of the coral?
My opinion $75-$100 dollars is more than fair.
My only suggestion is that the frags do not ship until after the first of the year, I have heard nothing but problems with shipping companies and it would be a shame for a frag to get lost or delayed right now with the higher than average amount of packages getting shipped.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that we have the coral named, I guess the final things to have answered are:
- what is the price on shipping ?
- when would the start date for this contest be / how soon could the corals be sent out (I’m thinking this might be best to start in the new year after the holiday craziness many people will be going through)?
- should a new thread be made with a list of all the people that commented that they’re in? Going through this thread, there are roughly 30 people that expressed interest in joining. Can everyone join or do we have to narrow the list down somehow (enough frags to go around)??
If we cut the list, should it be based on who commented their interest in this contest first (first come first serve sort of thing)?

Any other questions ya’ll think should be addressed before setting this in motion?

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clownman727
You mentioned you were interested in organizing this. Everyone obviously has opinions and not everyone is going to be satisfied. I think you need to just set the price, prize pool, rules etc.... (Btw there should be some ruler or something in the pictures to get an accurate size, as well as clarity on what type of growth we are measuring)
@Battlecorals Could you post a colony picture of the coral?
My opinion $75-$100 dollars is more than fair.
My only suggestion is that the frags do not ship until after the first of the year, I have heard nothing but problems with shipping companies and it would be a shame for a frag to get lost or delayed right now with the higher than average amount of packages getting shipped.

I agree, there should definitely be a ruler in the photos. I think the coral should be measured for height and width (branches) because everyone’s coral will grow differently. So a mix of sideview and, if applicable, top down photos would be ideal. In the end, it’ll be up to the vendor to decide who’s coral grew the most / has the best coloration.

It would probably also be fun if people added little extras like where the coral has been placed and little things like that. Not necessary, but just to add to the fun.

If @clownman would like to organize, I’m game. If not, @leahfish and I have offered to help organize as well.

And yes, would love to see the colony as well!!

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested, just didn't comment earlier because I knew it would take a while to hash everything out and I didn't want a million notifications :rolleyes:

Clownman727

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, there should definitely be a ruler in the photos. I think the coral should be measured for height and width (branches) because everyone’s coral will grow differently. So a mix of sideview and, if applicable, top down photos would be ideal. In the end, it’ll be up to the vendor to decide who’s coral grew the most / has the best coloration.

It would probably also be fun if people added little extras like where the coral has been placed and little things like that. Not necessary, but just to add to the fun.

If @clownman would like to organize, I’m game. If not, @leahfish and I have offered to help organize as well.

And yes, would love to see the colony as well!!

I think I’ll pass on this. I already have pc rainbow and I don’t want to comprise the integrity of the contest. Good luck to all. I will follow the contest.

DanTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm potentially in depending on final price and whatnot!

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’ll pass on this. I already have pc rainbow and I don’t want to comprise the integrity of the contest. Good luck to all. I will follow the contest.

Pc rainbow was the coral used in the last contest. this has nothing to do with the pc rainbow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back