GSP Help

JediGoby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....so I made the newbie move and wanted to get something that I could see growth pretty quickly on. A friend had some GSP that he gave me and I added it to the tank. I liked the idea of it spreading across the glass on the back of the tank. Well now it seems to be growing pretty good, but it also spreading pretty good across the rock it is on. The issue is that I also have some other corals on the rock and on the rock right next to it.

What is going to be my best way of taking care of this? I dont want to kill it off, but I need to get it off th erock or at least get it under control. Any thoughts would be great. Pic below isnt the ebst, but it is what I had to work with.

Thanks
GSP.jpg

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love GSP but I hear you they can take over a tank like nothing. To control them in our 55 gallon tank I take a syringe of thick kalk and I burn the edges to keep them from growing out. The bummer is I have to do it about once every month.

Gfort04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the downside of GSP . Honestly you are either going to have to trim it back every so often or move it somewhere you dont care how it grows.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back