Having trouble with trigger

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new triggerfish. It’s a Picasso trigger. I got it like two days ago at my local lfs but he hasn’t seem to be eating. He was eating once and then ever since hasn’t been. Yeah, I got you was.but he hasn’t seem to be eating. He was eating once and then ever since hasn’t been eating and has been hiding himself nudging between the rocks is that normally or no I have a snowflake eel and a dark hind grouper the eel is like 8 inches and the grouper and trigger are both 3 to 4 inches

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new triggerfish. It’s a Picasso trigger. I got it like two days ago at my local lfs but he hasn’t seem to be eating. He was eating once and then ever since hasn’t been. Yeah, I got you was.but he hasn’t seem to be eating. He was eating once and then ever since hasn’t been eating and has been hiding himself nudging between the rocks is that normally or no I have a snowflake eel and a dark hind grouper the eel is like 8 inches and the grouper and trigger are both 3 to 4 inches
A new fish won’t normally eat the first few days. When you said it was eating, was it doing so vigorously or just here and there or spitting it out?

Triggers have a spine on their dorsal that wedges them between the rocks when sleeping or stressed. The eel and the grouper wont be posing an issue unless they start bothering it or don‘t let it get enough food. Keep monitoring it. It should start eating well in a few days, or tomorrow if it decides to. A way to entice it to eat is to feed it mussel and clam.

Upvote 0

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience has been Snowflake Eels and Picasso Triggers are mortal enemies. They need a lot of space between them and the eel needs a big hiding ground or a fight is bound to break out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Guynamedfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my trigger did spi and eat slowly and they seem to be all getting along the grouper was checking the trigger and all but no agression the eel and trigger hide together too and get along I will try clams I’ll go buy them at my lfs thank you my tank has a lot of hiding spaces with 140lbs of live rock and the tank is a 75g but very soon will be a 150g

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back