Hello all!

Do you have multiple anems in your tank? how many?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snowflake95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I have been keeping freshwater for a while and i have taken the pluge into Salt. So far a lot of learning and figuring out by doing has guided me along with some help from my LFS. today marks 4 weeks of the tank being up and running. Water was perfect so I went and got 2 picasso clowns, a tiger conch ( i have an algae issue), 2 peppermint shrimp and a Neon green Bubble tip. everyone is doing great and the conch is doing its job!
I Have a 50 gallon rimless with a built in wet dry filter, a auto heater and a Remora skimmer. The skimmer is producing beautifully. My plan is a reef tank with a focus on hammers, torch and frog spawn. Live stock will include; my 2 clowns, a blue tang, yellow tang, royal gramme, mandarin dragnettte, Fox face and possibly a snowflake eel. The snowflake is one of the reasons i started with fish tanks and keeping in general.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
zOk7nol.gif

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read your 2 Picasso clowns and a tiger conch as 2 Picasso triggers.... I should never read this site before multiple cups of coffee. I was about to write you a no no no note. ;Blackeye This is what happens when there is too much blood in my caffeine stream.
Welome!

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the madness! I would advise against housing a tang in a tank anywhere below 75 gallons (Exceptions to a few). I know the tang police will throw a fit but they will deal with it. I know you may have some problem stocking 2 tangs in a 50 gallon. Yellow tangs are known bullies (@4FordFamily can help you with all of your tang questions)

I would watch your water parameters with the anemone so early on. They like stability. I wish you luck with the anemone. I never have any luck with those little guys.

Make sure you do a lot of reading. Their is a lot of knowledge threads here. Hope you enjoy!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back