Reef-art-and-design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Tolga, and I am a reefer from Germany. The Admin from Facebook was so kind to ask me if it is possible to introduce myself here on the forum for you guys.

Here we go.

I am reefing since 2008/09, I have had a lot of tanks from mixed reef, to acropora only to seahorse. Actually, I run a LPS only tank. It's a custom-made Acrylic Tank from new wave concept, and it is 80 cm long, 80 cm wide and 60 cm high, roundabout 400 Liters with sump 460 (105 Gallon). This Tank is running 6 months now.

As you can see in the pictures, i nearly just keep Meat corals.

On the Sand I keep my Acanthophyllia deshayesiana, Cynarina macassarensis, wellsophyllia

some chalice Bugattis and micromussas

In the center of the reef I build ab big euphyllia paraancora garden (branching hammers)

The rest of the Reef itself is build with 3 Magnetic floating rocks. The Top Rock with euphyllia, the right rock with some Gonioporas and the left rock with discosomas and two big Catalaphyllia jardinei

My light setup up is nearly just blue, I don't use any whites, I just run UV, violet, Royal blue, blue, cyan. In the pictures, you can see the setup.

Nutrition and traces:

I dont chace nummbers here, i chase more stability, for LPS keeping it seens its doeant matter if you go for high po4 or low, main thing is stability.

My Nummbers:

Po4 0.5 mg/l

No3 35-40 mg/l

Alk 8.3

Ca 422

Mg 1310

I keep my iodine constant by roundabout 80 and my molybdenum by minimum 15, better 20.

My spectrum with the strong UV/Violet and blue requires an optimal supply in traces, so the corals can deal with the strong radiation stress. I don't recommend using my schedule without experience with your corals, and you're light. I ICP test my Water every 2 Weeks to notice small changes.

I don't water change weekly. Every 3 Weeks I remove 2/3 of my sand to clean up the ground and fill it up with new fresh sand. Here I water change roundabout 60 Liter of the tank water.

My Sand layer is very, very thin.

UV is running 24/ Carbon is running 24/ and is changed all 2 Weeks (100 grams).

Setup:
Light ATI Straton pro
Flow 2 Nero 5
Skimmer Royal Exclusive BK 200
Media reactor RE
UV Reactor Theiling

All Returns and pumps from RE

As supply, I use ATI essentials pro, with ATI nutrition n & c

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions

tempImage7xi5PN.png tempImageg84Aab.png tempImageO7WxtM.png tempImage4H4e88.png tempImaged3h7uZ.png tempImage3Lsn8C.png tempImageIHZXEQ.png tempImageb8MNtR.png tempImage6k4ixX.png tempImage2SZU84.png tempImagea9nQgs.png tempImage21t9WG.png tempImagenH7qBw.png tempImage7szIFb.png tempImageXjsK44.png tempImageXTpO3Y.png tempImageIpq8fS.png tempImage9I6Fj9.png tempImageeqPe5x.png tempImagenVlirf.png tempImagewHkM5t.png tempImage53ipRX.png tempImage1EKStb.png tempImageDijAz5.png Bildschirm­foto 2023-04-08 um 09.28.58.png Bildschirm­foto 2023-04-08 um 09.29.12.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Tolga, and I am a reefer from Germany. The Admin from Facebook was so kind to ask me if it is possible to introduce myself here on the forum for you guys.

Here we go.

I am reefing since 2008/09, I have had a lot of tanks from mixed reef, to acropora only to seahorse. Actually, I run a LPS only tank. It's a custom-made Acrylic Tank from new wave concept, and it is 80 cm long, 80 cm wide and 60 cm high, roundabout 400 Liters with sump 460 (105 Gallon). This Tank is running 6 months now.

As you can see in the pictures, i nearly just keep Meat corals.

On the Sand I keep my Acanthophyllia deshayesiana, Cynarina macassarensis, wellsophyllia

some chalice Bugattis and micromussas

In the center of the reef I build ab big euphyllia paraancora garden (branching hammers)

The rest of the Reef itself is build with 3 Magnetic floating rocks. The Top Rock with euphyllia, the right rock with some Gonioporas and the left rock with discosomas and two big Catalaphyllia jardinei

My light setup up is nearly just blue, I don't use any whites, I just run UV, violet, Royal blue, blue, cyan. In the pictures, you can see the setup.

Nutrition and traces:

I dont chace nummbers here, i chase more stability, for LPS keeping it seens its doeant matter if you go for high po4 or low, main thing is stability.

My Nummbers:

Po4 0.5 mg/l

No3 35-40 mg/l

Alk 8.3

Ca 422

Mg 1310

I keep my iodine constant by roundabout 80 and my molybdenum by minimum 15, better 20.

My spectrum with the strong UV/Violet and blue requires an optimal supply in traces, so the corals can deal with the strong radiation stress. I don't recommend using my schedule without experience with your corals, and you're light. I ICP test my Water every 2 Weeks to notice small changes.

I don't water change weekly. Every 3 Weeks I remove 2/3 of my sand to clean up the ground and fill it up with new fresh sand. Here I water change roundabout 60 Liter of the tank water.

My Sand layer is very, very thin.

UV is running 24/ Carbon is running 24/ and is changed all 2 Weeks (100 grams).

Setup:
Light ATI Straton pro
Flow 2 Nero 5
Skimmer Royal Exclusive BK 200
Media reactor RE
UV Reactor Theiling

All Returns and pumps from RE

As supply, I use ATI essentials pro, with ATI nutrition n & c

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions

tempImage7xi5PN.png tempImageg84Aab.png tempImageO7WxtM.png tempImage4H4e88.png tempImaged3h7uZ.png tempImage3Lsn8C.png tempImageIHZXEQ.png tempImageb8MNtR.png tempImage6k4ixX.png tempImage2SZU84.png tempImagea9nQgs.png tempImage21t9WG.png tempImagenH7qBw.png tempImage7szIFb.png tempImageXjsK44.png tempImageXTpO3Y.png tempImageIpq8fS.png tempImage9I6Fj9.png tempImageeqPe5x.png tempImagenVlirf.png tempImagewHkM5t.png tempImage53ipRX.png tempImage1EKStb.png tempImageDijAz5.png Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-08 um 09.28.58.png Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-08 um 09.29.12.png
Very nice !! :cool:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back