Help Me Design a SPS QT Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigRich
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigRich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
151
Reaction score
174
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping others can give me guidance on a inexpensive tank/lighting option combo for a sps coral qt tank? I really don't want anything larger than a 20 gallon and would like the light fixture to be able to be tank mountable, not have to hang it from ceiling. I'm not trying to spend a lot of money on it but I don't want to kill off sps frags because I don't have proper lighting. I figured some of you have definitely been here so I'm looking for advice on what to go with tank/light wise. I plan on going with a fluval HOB and a sicce pump for water movement. Any tips/insight would be appreciated! Thanks, Rich
 
I did a petco 20 breeder for $1/gal. Added an AI prime HD, and an aqueon 30 HOB. I had a gyre 1K from another tank but I think you could go with a cheaper Jabeo powerhead. Good luck!

1565300411259.png
 
A coral qt can be very simple. Cheap light, heater, and water movement is all you really need.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new