Hey Bill

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please remind me what I bought yesterday (I've forgotten the names already)

I know I got the Kryptonite Candy Cane frag, I also got some yellow palys with purple around the edges, the bright pink something-or-another (the large mother colony was in the tank in the back of the store), and also a teal looking staghorn I believe. I would like to read more about their lighting, flow, and other requirements but I can't remember the exact names.

also, what is the difference between palys and zoas?

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I think the palys are "nuclear green", but I'm not sure.

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome, thanks!!!!!!!

did you see the PAR readings on my other thread? I think they are OK, trying to research what coral needs what light. I'll bring your meter back tomorrow, sure have had fun playing with it!

I found this pic on another forum, apparently it was posted at MACNA last year. At least it's some sort of guideline.

coralparreadingsprefere.jpg

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bill, LOVE the new salt. It's sweet. We made about 20-25 gals of RO/DI water, dropped the submersible pump in, poured in the salt, and it mixed so easily. We let it run for about 24 hours, tested the salinity (1.026), did a water change, and the tank parameters were great. I think our low calcium levels issue has been solved. Last night the new corals were already looking better. The candy cane had his feeders out, soaking up some coral frenzy food.

Gotta pick up a new heater for the tank and I'll put the old heater in the water barrel.

OP
OP
TD2K

TD2K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got more goodies yesterday. Man, my pocketbook takes a beating every time I walk in Bill's store. Just. Can't. Help. Myself.

Got some:
Purple People Eater Palys
Red People Eater Palys
A good sized Frogspawn
Green Birdsnest frag
A gorgeous Tyree Japonica Cyphastrea
A small Elegance Coral (I can't remember the exact name for it)
A small frag of zoas, didn't ask the name of them. They have the REALLY bright yellow center....Help!

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 126 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back