Hi from Alabama

LovenBama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone :) I'm Virginia from Alabama and I'm a newbie twice over..new to R2R and new to the hobby. Only been in for about 7months now and I'm loving every minute of it. I currently have a 75g reef tank with lots and lots of awesome corals and fish. Thanks to my sister and her hubby I'm now hooked on the hobby, let me explain ...they upgraded from a 75gal to a 180gal and I decided I'd take the 75...well tank leak, cabinet was in bad shape so my adventure begun. In Aug of 2008 I purchased a new all glass 75gal tank and decided that I'd have my cabinet and canopy custom built and would stain and finish it myself. This took sometime but it work out and the set-up is just beautiful ..the doors on the cabinet are hand-carved seashells. Can't really give any spec and the pumps and skimmer because they did come off the 75 my sis had I know my lighting is 4 VHO's. Currently I'm setting up a 55gal FOWLR predator tank and my sister says I've flipped my lid starting another tank so soon;)
gotta love it

Virginia

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R Virginia! How did you find R2R!!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

dbarker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome! Sounds like you have been afflicted with the addiction too! I would like to see pics of the cabinet too!! Debbie

OP
OP
LovenBama

LovenBama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I do have pics but gotta figure out how to post them first. Found reef2reef through another site that I won't mention rev. As far as the fish for the predator tank....still researching all options because I wanna be sure it's something I can care for and the system can substain without any problems what would you suggest Rameses? hey..wait a minute..haven't we met before? Anyhow, thanks again everyone for the welcome, looking forward to the R2R experience :)

OP
OP
LovenBama

LovenBama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture_Va_065.jpg

hope this pic works
I'm in Slapout Alabama

OP
OP
LovenBama

LovenBama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slapout is bout 10 miles north of Wetumpka up Hwy111, if ya blink you'll miss it :)
thanks champ

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back