Hi from North Florida!

budocs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
27
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting back into the lifestyle after a 10-year hiatus. Wow, have things changed. Got a lot to learn and relearn, so I'll have a lot of questions (for example, we don't kill livestock anymore to cycle our tanks!). that's a good change for sure! I'm in the process of cycling a 400-gallon mixed reef, with about 125 in the sump. Been using the Dr. Tims method to cycle and can't seem to get the ammonia below .03ppm. Nitrites hovering between 0 and 3ppb, and nitrates between 9 and 10ppm. Back in the day, ammonia had to be 0, no exceptions. I'm using the Hanna marine master. I may switch to the old-fashioned match the color system. Been trying to get it right for a bit over a month now.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new