OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for this awesome write up! What brand of trace elements do you dose?
Hello,

currently we doing the elements individually . we have found that if you use an all for 1 trace element brand dose that eventually something will build up. So now since we send in a triton ICP at least every 2 weeks we monitor the individual elements and dose individually as needed.

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

currently we doing the elements individually . we have found that if you use an all for 1 trace element brand dose that eventually something will build up. So now since we send in a triton ICP at least every 2 weeks we monitor the individual elements and dose individually as needed.
Are you using the Triton brand individual elements?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hello Everyone,

we just wanted to share this Video FROM BRS talking about the tropic marin pro from turkey

we are about 5 weeks into switching salt from tropic marin pro turkey to red sea blue bucket.

we will share the results in a few weeks once things really seattle in.. but we are really liking we what are seeing!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Good morning everyone!

Did anybody else change salts and if so what was your results? now that TMP has made a public announcement about the salt we know this is a real thing!!!

we are Wondering what your results are? We are starting to see a lot of new growth already in just one month. Especially our millis they are literally taking off! we will Take some pictures to post soon!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I got lucky. I don’t remember when I purchased my bucket of turkey tm pro but I’m guessing it was 1 of the first batches. Used it for months with no problems. I just happened to order a bucket of tm classic bc my calcium was really high and then all this “tm pro from turkey kills acros” talk started.
60302105-2F69-425A-A000-1EC302CDE67F.jpeg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone!

Did anybody else change salts and if so what was your results? now that TMP has made a public announcement about the salt we know this is a real thing!!!

we are Wondering what your results are? We are starting to see a lot of new growth already in just one month. Especially our millis they are literally taking off! we will Take some pictures to post soon!

Switched to Aquaforest and had immediately better polyp extension and stopped necrosis
Same. Polyp extension and colors came back as I changed water (progressively) with new salt.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad this is not on my list of issues to deal with. But it’s crazy how one water change and you guys see positive changes so quickly, considering it’s still majority of the old water.

Do you still think the issue is too much iron? Or whatever that “clay” is in the mix?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad this is not on my list of issues to deal with. But it’s crazy how one water change and you guys see positive changes so quickly, considering it’s still majority of the old water.

Do you still think the issue is too much iron? Or whatever that “clay” is in the mix?
I've been trying to think of a reason for this. Maybe it's an impurity that hits corals hard at the time of water changes then gets removed by filtration, bound up, or metabolized. I know each water change with a new salt things looked better but it wasn't one water change that fixed it over night.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here is something new we have been working on! it has been a while since we shared some insane tenuis. We have some special things cooking here is one of them

SBB " Envy Orange" this thing really is insanely bright! be sure to click on full screen and HD

Last edited:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is something new we have been working on! it has been a while since we shared some insane tenuis. We have some special things cooking here is one of them

SBB " Envy Orange" this thing really is insanely bright! be sure to click on full screen and HD

amazing.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

we just wanted to share this Video FROM BRS talking about the tropic marin pro from turkey

we are about 5 weeks into switching salt from tropic marin pro turkey to red sea blue bucket.

we will share the results in a few weeks once things really seattle in.. but we are really liking we what are seeing!

I like and use RS Blue Bucket. You will still get brown crude with Blue Bucket.
This is a pic of my 65 tank after 1 year and 2200 gallons.

20220203_105309.jpg

I did contact Red Sea customer support and this is there explanation.

Moises Herrera
(Red Sea Group)
Feb 2, 2022, 18:56 GMT
Good afternoon Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting us, and I am happy to assist with your inquiry.

Coral Pro and Red Sea Salt are made of natural raw materials harvested from the Red Sea by a solar evaporation process. Sometimes, these raw materials may contain small amounts of inert insoluble components that can accumulate on the water surface (as a fine brownish film) or may “tint” the water giving it a yellowish color. Most of these inorganic insoluble are actually of Fe2O3 (ferric oxide) origin and therefore contributes to the general water quality by acting as a flocculating and binding substance for small organic molecules, floating bacterial films, and free orthophosphate (allowing them to be more easily removed from the aquarium water by the protein skimmer). Since the raw materials are harvested naturally the level of insoluble may change significantly from one batch to another based on the time of the year and other environmental conditions.

It doesn't hurt anything. Lots of dirt in the ocean. lol :cool:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like and use RS Blue Bucket. You will still get brown crude with Blue Bucket.
This is a pic of my 65 tank after 1 year and 2200 gallons.

20220203_105309.jpg

I did contact Red Sea customer support and this is there explanation.

Moises Herrera
(Red Sea Group)
Feb 2, 2022, 18:56 GMT
Good afternoon Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting us, and I am happy to assist with your inquiry.

Coral Pro and Red Sea Salt are made of natural raw materials harvested from the Red Sea by a solar evaporation process. Sometimes, these raw materials may contain small amounts of inert insoluble components that can accumulate on the water surface (as a fine brownish film) or may “tint” the water giving it a yellowish color. Most of these inorganic insoluble are actually of Fe2O3 (ferric oxide) origin and therefore contributes to the general water quality by acting as a flocculating and binding substance for small organic molecules, floating bacterial films, and free orthophosphate (allowing them to be more easily removed from the aquarium water by the protein skimmer). Since the raw materials are harvested naturally the level of insoluble may change significantly from one batch to another based on the time of the year and other environmental conditions.

It doesn't hurt anything. Lots of dirt in the ocean. lol :cool:
Yeah thats true, I run my blue bucket water thru a 1micron sediment filter for that very reason, if it doesn't hurt, then it doesn't hurt to filter it out. I only make 40g at a time though.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally Installed my neptune triton. Here is an update of the overall system build for this 120 sps Display ( 360 Gallon system total water volume) I still need to get all my Parameters in check, set the lighting schedule, Set up the GHL doser, Set up the ATO, send in a triton and many other things....This system has now been setup for around 8 months and I haven't checked the parameters ever. It will be interesting what they are. I will post the Parameters shortly as well a an ICP test once it comes back from the lab. Hopefully in another month i can start to add some frags. Enjoy the video and as always if you have any questions please ask :)

Make sure you have HD 1080 setting on your youtube video for best clarity

I keep seeing you say Triton. Are you referring to the Neptune “Trident.” Hehe

Or is there a new tester that I don’t know about. ;Pompus

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

FOr us it we think it was the high iron. but who knows what was really in the stuff it was just bad and not good to grow coral.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
@SBB Corals how do you like the moonshiners program? Me and a buddy are thinking about giving it a go. It looks relatively easy and straightforward…..

corey
Extremely easy and straightforward. It takes all the guesswork out of things.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back