HomeWrecker under normal lighting?

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the Homewrecker at the Jason Fox booth at Reefapalooza last weekend.

To quote Will Ferrell in Old School: "It was glorious!"

Rumor has it someone scored/stole the piece for $100.

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He's got 3 listed on his site for a RAP aftersale, 2 @ 599 and a 1"x1" @2449... maybe someone actually stole it and accidentally dropped a $100 bill :p

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's got 3 listed on his site for a RAP aftersale, 2 @ 599 and a 1"x1" @2449... maybe someone actually stole it and accidentally dropped a $100 bill :p
I heard he was away and have someone watch the booth and the person didn't know what the HW was and selling it $60-100

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I did score a piece from him and it def was NOT a $100.
IMG_0212.PNG

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard he was away and have someone watch the booth and the person didn't know what the HW was and selling it $60-100
I wonder if this person still has a job. I wish I "stole" the frag for $60-$100.

Yoda0311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this today. It's under 14k at bottom of tank. May not be necessarily what you're looking for since it's brand new in my tank.

IMG_0461.JPG
Can you post some pics of it since it has acclimated please?

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. He's VERY forthcoming if you just ask. Example, on the Orange Passion acro, I know there were two variants when it first became available. I asked him where his fell into things. He said that he got one piece from each, can't remember those names at the moment, RR and another.... anyways, they grew those out and after awhile couldn't even tell which was which so they just generically call it CB orange passion, but there's no deception. They respond to all emails and are quick. I've had no problems myself, but to each their own [emoji4]
This is what I am talking about....

IMG_0926.PNG

IMG_0927.PNG

Ibn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tris_homewrecker_052017.jpg

Don't really like blues over my tank even though I run LEDs and this is my normal lighting. Fiji regional lighting on AI Vega Colors at 78 CW, 50 DR, 50 G, 84 B, 84 DB, 84 RY for reference. Check the plug and the tonga rock there for white balance. I also shoot with a WB of 10,000k out of camera.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ibn thank you for the image. Very good picture. That is what I consider daylight. And this is the kind of images I like to see to determine if I am going to buy a coral or not. Big difference between this picture and others.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am talking about....

IMG_0926.PNG

IMG_0927.PNG

But you know it's under blues. That's my point. Take photos under white is only like what it's like under white. Blues show what's under blues. There's zero difference, one light or another. Who cares?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he is talking about a polyp wwc has had for a while and sells for cheap compared to the exact same polyp the other guy is selling for much more. That's the way I saw it.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he is talking about a polyp wwc has had for a while and sells for cheap compared to the exact same polyp the other guy is selling for much more. That's the way I saw it.

Oh okay gotcha, but even so, I think the entire zoa/paly thing is insane on all sides. A tiny black line means one sells for $300 or $25. That's the stupid market, not the fault of the vendors. They ALL do it. Every single one. Tiny morphs, tiny variations separate a pricey coral from a not. If people didn't buy the variants, they'd all go away, but they buy them, time and time and time again.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you know it's under blues. That's my point. Take photos under white is only like what it's like under white. Blues show what's under blues. There's zero difference, one light or another. Who cares?

You are correct. It looks different under different lighting. However, it is good to know what it looks like under various lighting for we can guess what it might look like under our tank, given that we have different lighting.

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use radion shallow reef pre-program schedule- most of the time when I get home it's blue- I never have problem with blue light picture because that's what I see when I am home. I gravitate toward coral that light up in blue. But I understand people wanting daylight picture if they look at it mainly when daylight is on.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hmmm.. care to elaborate a little?
Just think he over prices other peoples stuff as he own. Was chatting with someone about it the other day, then just seen the post from above lol.. to me, Theres nothing exclusive about him, hes never socially active, doesnt sponser forums. Not that its a bad thing, i just see every vendor with either the same piece, or a piece of his they sell for less then half the price he does. If i did have to buy, would be off his auctions he has going. Couldve snipped a few pieces for a good price.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back