HomeWrecker under normal lighting?

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think he over prices other peoples stuff as he own. Was chatting with someone about it the other day, then just seen the post from above lol.. to me, Theres nothing exclusive about him, hes never socially active, doesnt sponser forums. Not that its a bad thing, i just see every vendor with either the same piece, or a piece of his they sell for less then half the price he does. If i did have to buy, would be off his auctions he has going. Couldve snipped a few pieces for a good price.

Yeah, only reason I asked was bc I am watching some of his eBay stuff. Thanks for the tips guys!

nwkermit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just know what piece you are getting. He have good stuff, when I was a newbie, I got tons of stuff from him. It's not till later I realized they have other more common name and usually go for cheaper prices. I did score a wd when they were going for $500 for $300. I will still bid at his auction, just need to look at the name and research it.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just think he over prices other peoples stuff as he own. Was chatting with someone about it the other day, then just seen the post from above lol.. to me, Theres nothing exclusive about him, hes never socially active, doesnt sponser forums. Not that its a bad thing, i just see every vendor with either the same piece, or a piece of his they sell for less then half the price he does. If i did have to buy, would be off his auctions he has going. Couldve snipped a few pieces for a good price.
Is it just me or does he charge $300 for Sunny D's LOL

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's sad is, at the end of the day, he's just a guy with a basement fill of coral like the rest of us lol. But people pay his prices, for whatever reason.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason, because there's cornbred in front of the dorky name. Man I hate the hype, can we change to just using scientific names and colors please?
Honestly one name is fine... it's just when people think they need to rename it that it gets stupid.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Since I barely saw any photos relevant to the OP, here is mine, next to CC Kombucha tenuis. Homewrecker is very bright, up there with SCOP and Superman tenuis intensities (though different colors). The other few rainbow tenuis I have just look tan under normal lighting, and are majorly disappointing.

IMG_8357.jpg

Last edited:

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I barely saw any photos relevant to the OP, here is mine, next to CC Kombucha tenuis. Homewrecker is very bright, up there with SCOP and Superman tenuis intensities (though different colors). The other few rainbow tenuis I have just look tan under normal lighting, and are majorly disappointing.

IMG_8357.jpg

Ooo thanks for posting. I've been wondering how that kombucha looks under Norma lighting.

Michael43

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind sharing water parameters. Probably pinkest pic of one I’ve seen. Amazing job man. Mind gets some pink coralites but nothing remotely like that

Homewrecker under a standard Sunpower with 4 Coral+ and 4 Blue+. This is how it looks in person
except the growth tips are more purple contrasted to the pink coralites.

It's getting high par and flow

fSn1VU8m_o.jpg

IxTCxI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the secret to the pink ? Mine is still green lol.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you mind sharing water parameters. Probably pinkest pic of one I’ve seen. Amazing job man. Mind gets some pink coralites but nothing remotely like that

Sorry for the late replay...............this was about 3 inches from the water surface and it was getting direct flow from the output spout.

If you have traditional lighting I wouldn't be afraid to move it up high.

Water parameters aren't going to matter much as long as you aren't running a pastel colored system.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another example, he has the cornbred rainbow infusion, $150 per polyp. I sell for $10 per polyp or less. It’s the same thing as Tyree orange rainbow also.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back