How to clean frag plugs....

  • Thread starter Thread starter Troylee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
22,410
Reaction score
24,138
Location
Vegas baby!!!!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys mind sharing your secrets to keeping frag plugs algae free????
I have to scrub ha. Off the dang things with a toothbrush every 3 or 4 days...:( what can I throw in the frag tank to take control???? It's really weird I have like 100 plugs and the ones I dip with corals in revive explode with hair algae... Others that are just blank with no coral stay clean....{¥{¥|!|£geksj....
 
do you dose vodka?
On my display I do.... I just started neo zeo today from brightwell aquatics with the mb7 and vodka...
It's bare bottom makoy thanks for the heads up.... I can't really use hermits since the whole thing is egg crate in my frag tank... They will fall threw... I heard money cowries but don't really see them around....
 
IMO,crabs have their place in a CUC,but not in a frag tank!The best,and most usfull animals that I have used have been:

1)Sea Hares,work wonders on HA that brows on the plugs!
2)Snails of diffirnet sp.I have used alot of snails and I love them.I think they are the best to use as they can move up,over,around,etc. the plug which crabs cant do.PLus they cnat fall though the eggcrate as they hang on,I mean they can,but they just done normally let go and fall unless they are stupid.
 
the critters will help a little but getting the nutrients down will eliminate the algae ;) you just need to be more adamant about direct feeding to get the same growth with the lower nutrients... does your display that you dose vodka in have algae....
 
Nope just film algae every few days on the glass.... The prop tank has only been up for a little over a month now but I used water from my display to fill it..... It should go away....I guess.....:(
 
Hey man nerite snails are great they eat just about any algae including cyano also if ya can get a dozen or so baby blue tuxedo urchins little ones like 3/4"-1" they do great just got rid of mine otherwise I'd send em down to help compensate on that project I can get more though PM me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new