OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a symptom seen in clownfish, but nobody knows the cause. I've posted about it multiple times. Here is one link:

Jay
Oh ok interesting, thanks for the info

Also started to lower salinity, at 1.022 right now, aiming for 1.015 tomorow and 1.009 next day

Thanks for all the help and info along the way!

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Reef safe" treatments are more of a pipe dream, driven by customer demand, they rarely work. Combining them with hyposalinity is not something that is really done, since the whole demand for reef safe meds is to do them along with corals and invertebrates - I would just do the hyposalinity, but as I had mentioned, the clock has been ticking here.

Jay
Ok slight change of plan happened.

New refractometer that reads down to 0.000 SG arrived broken, unusable.

However, I managed to get some copper treatment from my LFS. The exact treatment isn't well known in the US I believe, however it is the Anti-Parasite treatment by NTLabs.
I have seen some of your replies to threads about this product but it's the best I can do currently
16962538901988998953264271240541.jpg

I do not have a copper test kit, I am just following the dosing instructions, which I know is not a good idea, but the ich on the clownfish is just spreading. I am on day 3 on the dosing, and no changes (not sure if that's to be expected)

The main thing I don't really understand about this treatment is that you dose for 11 days, I thought copper for ich treatmet was 14-30 days. Anyhow, it's the best I can do for now, it seems like a lot of the major copper treatments known in the US are hard to get in the UK

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back