crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, I keep him in my 32 gal biocube. ;)

We went to the aquarium today
Yeah, my next thought was that she must have gotten a new, much larger tank. My memory recall only works for up to 20 minutes sometimes. I also saw the pic you posted over on Frank’s thread.

I love puffers of every kind and he is a handsome fellar though!

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fishy frag...
20230226_200538.jpg
Reefs812

OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No…..weren’t you making a cooling system too? Or did I misinterpret?
I misinterpreted. Most people ask about the heating.

I have all of the parts but have not implemented it. No need yet.

In concept it would work with 1200 watts of peltor coolers wrapped around my titanium heat exchanger with heat sinks attached to them.

The water is constantly circulating through the heat exchanger so the control would simply be to turn on or off the peltor elements with the same controller that runs the heat.

Fans may be needed to keep the cooling even and avoid extreme variations.

I have not tested this but I do believe that my components and power estimations are up to the task.

1200 watts may sound like a lot but the system should only run for a few minutes to draw the temp down a degree or two.

Hopefully I can share some boring thermal decrease videos soon.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In concept it would work with 1200 watts of peltor coolers wrapped around my titanium heat exchanger with heat sinks attached to them.

The water is constantly circulating through the heat exchanger so the control would simply be to turn on or off the peltor elements with the same controller that runs the heat.

I have not tested this but I do believe that my components and power estimations are up to the task.

1200 watts may sound like a lot but the system should only run for a few minutes to draw the temp down a degree or two.

Sounds like an awful lot of speculation to me.
Try Me Come On GIF

:winking-face-with-tongue:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

wouldn't reversing the current make the Peltor elements work in reverse? I thought they can either be heating or cooling.

OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wouldn't reversing the current make the Peltor elements work in reverse? I thought they can either be heating or cooling.
Correct, but I am already heating with 5 watts so 1200 watts for heating would be going backwards.
The setup could be used for heating and cooling though.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These are one of the reasons I need a bigger tank :star-struck:
How much room ya' got ? know a nice tank nice price... ;) clean ,new stand,ect ,RR 180 gal...:)

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, let’s get a move on….I want to see it!!! Lol
Seriously though, I’m super interested in something like that for the summer.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back