Introduction

Should I remove the sand completelty as it wont stay in the middle of the tank due to MP40's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

orr2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right! Stop whatcha doin' 'cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya used to.
I look funny, but yo I'm makin' money, see so yo world I hope you're ready for me.
Now gather round I'm the new fool in town and my sound's laid down by the Underground.
I drink up all the Hennessey ya got on ya shelf so just let me introduce myself
My name is.........Orr :)

Little throw back from the '90s for ya, haha. In the late '90s I set up my first saltwater tank and have had many different system throughout the years. My last big system was a 400g Envision Acrylics 72"x48"x27" made by James Steele. I sold everything around 2010 and have wanted to start another tank ever since. So this past April I set up a 150g shallow rimless tank and the sps addction continues. A lot has changed in the reefing communtiy since my last tank with all the different methods and such but I guess I am just old school and back to the k.i.s.s. method for me.

Havent been around the forums for a long time but was a member of another site since 2003 so I just stuck with the same name on here. Anyways glad to be a part of such an outstanding site R2R. Thanks for having me.
Here is a short video I took with my Iphone today of my current tank. Tank is 7 months old.
60"x36"x16" shallow rimless sps reef. I also have a 45g RR frag tank that is hooked into the system that is sectioned off and is housing clownfish pair that my daughter is wanting to breed. Two of our pairs have started to spawn and both have laid there 3rd clutch of eggs this week. The broodstock tank was set up a few weeks after the DT was up and running so 7 months in and 2 of the 4 pairs are spawning already.....pretty cool to say the least.

Video of our tank 11/21/2017 Everything has been started from 1 inch frags and I am constantly adding more......the addiction is back

OP
OP
orr2003

orr2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I really like your tank set-up with the shallow and broad rock falls! Also, love the tang dodging behind and back out of a tiny cave @1:40!

Thanks DeepBlue, I had a big open valley in the middle until the other day. I had to add more rock to have a place to put more frags LOL

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2017-02-07 18.28.50.png

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Leave the sand, give the tank cartier. Get video and like the fact that you used the piano sonata #14 in C minor, am I fan or what:D

OP
OP
orr2003

orr2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!

Welcome to R2R.

Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R, Leave the sand, give the tank cartier. Get video and like the fact that you used the piano sonata #14 in C minor, am I fan or what:D

Welcome!
Beautiful tank.

Welcome back to the hobby

Welcome to R2R!!!

Thanks everyone.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.9%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 71 42.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back