Is a Nero 3 suitable for my 20G tank?

ReeferJosh2112

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current setting, but I might change it up. Might go more heavily on the pulse setting because my Zoas seem to enjoy it.
Hello Mike, I know this is an old post, I have a waterbox peninsula mini 15, very similar footprint to your evo, and I have a Nero 3 on the way, this gave me some closure that I made the right choice. Have you run into any issues, what kind of corals do you keep and will a Nero 3 be fine in my tank?

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Mike, I know this is an old post, I have a waterbox peninsula mini 15, very similar footprint to your evo, and I have a Nero 3 on the way, this gave me some closure that I made the right choice. Have you run into any issues, what kind of corals do you keep and will a Nero 3 be fine in my tank?
It will be more than enough. You will 100% have to dial it down. Love my Nero pumps and the app.

FreshCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a Nero 3 to my JBJ 20 gal. Mostly softies and zoas for now.

Based on some of the input from this thread I'm gonna start my schedule like this and see how the corals do:

Screenshot_20220723-192331.png

For those who have had the Nero 3 in a 20 G for a while, I'm curious if you've made changes to your schedule over time? Have you found your ideal settings?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back