Issue with opening Raw files in PS CS4 extended!

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the message I get when I try to open in PS (opening As camera raw)
Cannot complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file!

the file is stored as a ( .CR2 ) files!

Any help would be appreciated since I took a ton of pics at Disneyland in Raw format and my wife is going to kill me if I can't get them to work!

So please help me out!

Ian

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am shooting with a Canon EOS T1i. I will try that and see if it works! At the same timeI am not 100% with PS progam so any additional input would be greatly appreciated!

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Lynda.com. That site will give you tutorials. you get atleast basic stuff without having to pay.
I am shooting with a Canon EOS T1i. I will try that and see if it works! At the same timeI am not 100% with PS progam so any additional input would be greatly appreciated!

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the message I get when I try to open in PS (opening As camera raw)
Cannot complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file!

the file is stored as a ( .CR2 ) files!

Any help would be appreciated since I took a ton of pics at Disneyland in Raw format and my wife is going to kill me if I can't get them to work!

So please help me out!

Ian

email me one of the original files if you like, and i can see if i run into any issues.

also, like i said in the PM, worry not, we will get you up and running no problem.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, for future reference, its a good idea to shoot raw+jpeg.

that way you have an instant pic, and then one to improve on. it helps me a great deal when getting everything just right.

i believe you can even assign seperate cards on your camera to store them too...

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will send you the file tonight! And yes I will shoot in RAW+Jpeg from now on, lesson learned! Thanks again everyone!

OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated with the Camera raw 5.6 and now I can see them to edit them! thanks everyone!

<-- Junior!
It might be something for youto put in your post processing thread for those who have purchase a newer camera that might not be supported with their current version of PS.

In addition I want to thank Junior for his photo threads it has saved me years of frustration in learning how to shoot my tank!

Ian

here is a pic I took no tripod yet so do pick at it too much!
tigertailandpinwheel.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bio-nut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I got it for free from a guy that is a service tech for the gov. contracted through HP.

I love how quik I can get the pick to look true using Juniors post processing advice!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back