OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AVAST CS1 pegleg coming for my tank. And another skimmer to review. jns Sk2
I got the AVast with a smoked body and the pump in DIY form.

So expect a lot pictures coming later this week

Cyber-Burn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I've been looking at the Pegleg for my new build for awhile so I will be looking forward to your thoughts about it, especially the smoke acrylic body.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, I have had many of Avast products. All built just the way I would build them for myself. Like a tank. From the kalk stirrer, to media reactors to my sump. I am an Avast fan for sure. Made in the USA and super great prices. But I have never had their skimmer. So the time has come. I am not sure if I will like the smoked body or not but I thought It looked cool. And should see how it stacks up.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Avast peg legtoday. Just got done putting it together. Have to let it sit for a bit before getting it wet...:(

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill write some more tonight when I have time. But here is a snap shot.

IMAG0328.jpg

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good Mojo! always love your skimmer write ups! hopefully that one performs as well as all the other avast stuff does! i need to look at there sumps i need one for the 40b hmmm...

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea I agree. It does look pretty cool. Youcan see through it a little.... We will see how it does. I also got the Davey Jones Locker forthe RK. It will shut off my skimmer when it gets full. Cant wait to get it hooked up.here are some frag pics I took today. Stuff I got from AAF
P1030964.jpg
P1030965.jpg
P1030966.jpg
P1030967.jpg
P1030961.jpg

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the jns alpha 1 reactor. Not running many pellets but about 15oml. Will add some more here soon.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
click on the pic it is a video of the reactor running.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can run at a pretty wide range. I have ran it from 5 to 9 inches already.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have been putting a lot of thought in about doing some sort of LED retro in my ATI sunpower. I am having a hard time tearing into a great fixture. But I think a LED t5 combo would be great.
With that said I ordred 2 reflectors as spares so I can use them to maybe get a perfect cut. And I Picked up these boards from my buddy here local that has been working on a design for DIY or some type of fixture. I am thinking about putting two boards in that will host 24 leds each. This would require me to remove 1 refelctor but most likely 2 bulbs and reflectors as the ati ballast wont fire one bulb. And I dont think I would need the light running 2 t5's and 48 3 watt leds. Well more to come as I think about this some more.
here is a sample picture of the boards. Ill have to play around with them. and see if I want to reflow Leds on the boards and make this happen.
IMAG0330.jpg

so many options
mojo~

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to find LED s not mounted to star s. Anyone have suggestions looking at cree royal blue s

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about ready to order LEDS for the build. I may start another thread on just the ATI diy retro but I am not sure of that yet.

So far I have these 2 boards. Each will hold 24 cree 3 watt LEDs. The boards are also setup to use PLED6S 's. These I orderd 50 of from Newark. These will protect the LED and also allow the other LEDs to stay on in case 1 LED goes out. Basicaly the same way most fixtures are assembled. Now the real question is what color Led's do I want to go with. I will be removing the 2 t5 bulbs from the center of the fixture and placing a 4in wide heatsink of some sort inbetween the other 2 t5 bulbs. My boards are only 2 in wide but will not be running optics. Iam thinking all royal blues and then run 2 ati aquablue t5 bulbs. But also thought about mixing in a couple blue and whites of some sort too. Maybe 4 whites, 12 blues and 32 royal blues. Once I get the Leds ordered I will figure out what I am going to do for drivers.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back