OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the AVast is a great unit. I have pics and some stuff already written. I hope to have somthing posted here in the next couple days.

The avast is a very good value. The only thing I would get clear if I did it again. The smokedlooks super cool and will help with coralline. But it is harder to see. inside.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back to halides as I sold my ati fixture. I did this until I figure it all out. I bought a dual hamilton reef star 150 hqi fixture.

Its really slim but has great spread. Thinking about putting a Reefbrite xho on the side and calling it good for a bit.

Holding this elegance for a buddy.... My clowns made it home.

IMAG0342.jpg

Bandomo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am back to halides as I sold my ati fixture. I did this until I figure it all out. I bought a dual hamilton reef star 150 hqi fixture.

Its really slim but has great spread. Thinking about putting a Reefbrite xho on the side and calling it good for a bit.

Holding this elegance for a buddy.... My clowns made it home.

IMAG0342.jpg

What was the reasoning behind the switch back to HQI's?

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome build mojo,super clean and well planned....but dang it,I was hoping to see a T5/LED combo lighting system,I think it'll be the ultimate lighting system

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the reasoning behind the switch back to HQI's?

its a good back up for now... I am still really trying to decide. t5 led, or all led. Just dont know yet.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is the best reactor I have used to date. I like it. My LFS has bought 4 more of them after letting him try out mine.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok,Just a little update or thoughts I guess I would say. I have been looking at Kessil Led's quite a bit today. Thought about ordering one just to see how it looks. Everything in the tank has been doing pretty well. Got back on my water change schedule.

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Not much action here but still sharing my thoughts. I am still running 2x150w halides. I have an opportunity to buy a really nice Aquatinics solar flare. 6x54 but am a little concerened about them being overdriven. Wearing out the bulbs more often and the extra heat.

what do you all think ? Should I hold out for Radions ? Ai sols, The new AI's, some evo's or what ?

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm switching from T5's to reeffiltration's 18K 120w LED. Honestly it's nice to know that I won't have to change bulbs, and I still get the PAR and color I am looking for.

Boogie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disclaimer: I know nothing...and when I thought I did, she told me I was wrong.

That said, I'd go with the LEDs. I only say that because you're going with a rimless, new tank build, might as well have some newer technology lighting it. Even if you go with the other light, you're gonna end up imagining how it would look/grow out with the leds over it anyways..you know you will...

my .02

poolkeeper1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any input ?

Do Led's and build your own, I have had them for 2 years now (2 Different fixtures) The first i bought someone else's started project and that was a mistake! The second has worked flawlessly for almost a year now and with 115 Led's XP-G Royal blue Cool White and High Noons @ a 2 to 1 ratio my tank has never looked better or had better growth with any other combination of lighting.
And the best part is my power bill is down by 2/3 of what it was running M/H and T5HO and no bulb changes in sight....If you would like more details PM me and I can go into more detail.
Bill

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really thinking about just saying heck with it and getting two radions.

H2O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED ? it all sound good but I'm not convinced yet every month there's a new fixture out on the market that makes the older ones look like crap. They cost a lot and loose value quick. I haven't seen a led tank yet that is rocking and rolling for a longer period of time, they make Corals look hot but that's about it ..
IMO none of the leds have a shot at growing Corals next to my ATI 8bulb :)

OP
OP
mojo

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was playing around with another halide bulb.

The left is the phoenix bulb, the right is the geismann 17.5 k bulb.

thought I would share %

IMAG0378.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back