Jebao quality

Plecosam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, way too late for fanboy and hear say!!

Enjoy your pumps!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my jeabo ow-25's. I ran them for 11 months from startup in my 120. They worked well and are now backups after cleaning.
Replaced with Tunze 6105's. I am a Tunze guy as all my major equipment is Tunze.
I wanted to see how well they worked and they move some water and the controller has many settings and 2 were under $100.
Many cant afford the name brand pumps as this hobby is not inexspensive.
For me I will only use as backup from here on out since I have them.
Just my 2 cents worth as I wont go into why I wont buy them again as im very happy with Tunze products.
20200515_183735.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$78 Jeabo DCP-6500, running 2 years, pumping a 6’ tank with lots of plumbing manifolds, has worked 100% of the time with NO cleaning. ;)

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a pair of Jebao slw 30s coming in Monday. Same knock off of the Nero 5 but costs $190 for both shipped off ebay. They seem to have a safer design too than the Nero 5s known for sucking in small fish and inverts.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got a pair of Jebao slw 30s coming in Monday. Same knock off of the Nero 5 but costs $190 for both shipped off ebay. They seem to have a safer design too than the Nero 5s known for sucking in small fish and inverts.
That seems like a bit expensive. The slw20 I got on amazon was like $75. I used the snail guard on it anyway when I was using it.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That seems like a bit expensive. The slw20 I got on amazon was like $75. I used the snail guard on it anyway when I was using it.
I see the slw20 on amazon for the same price as the slw30s on ebay. Slw30 price on amazon is $109. Went to ebay and got the 89.99 price. 3400 gph vs 2600gph

bozo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can someone tell me which model has the WiFi capabilities. I’m about to buy 20 of these for my 25 gallon tank. Buy once and forget. This should last me a life time.

Swap em out when they die

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently broke down a tank had a jaebo running in there nonstop for like 3+ year never cleaned/never touched it was still running like a champ.

I’m going on 4 years with a Jebao PP4, haven’t cleaned it once, still running just fine...

I have two extra backups for when it fails which I assume will happen sooner rather than later. I know they don’t always last 4 years, but even if I had to replace it every year or two it’s cheaper than the alternative (for now).

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 SOW wavemakers for my main display and one for my frag tank for up to a year so far. All working great, on the lowest setting. Prior to that I had current pumps which all failed after 1 year. I also have a koralia in my frag tank which is an utter piece of garbage. I will probably get another SOW to replace it. Been happy with Jebao so far.

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze products are worth every penny and are not overpriced IMO. Norbert Tunze invented the powerhead.

I have a 6101 I bought in 2005 and it still works great and will probably continue working for another 15 years.
Show me a 5+ year old working jebao and Ill be shocked.
Also how about that quality customer service and warranty from Jebao? lol, Yeah, good luck with that !

If you want to buy cheapy knock off equipment for your reefs, hey, have at it hoss !
But dont be surprised if/when it fails at the most inconvenient time possible like when you are away from the tank, because thats what usually happens.

Sorry if I offended anyone and their precious jebao pumps, jeeze! calm down

In a few months it’s 5 years old and has been running 24/7 that entire time.

095B8CF9-C1A2-4FEF-962B-70BAE89F6575.png 829225A0-BDD5-4AAD-A220-BB8FDB47EE48.jpeg

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I really can't spend a **** ton on a d/c wavemaker but I am tired of trying to get flow correct with ac pumps. I know jebao is a chinese brand but they are in my price range. I am worried about stray current, flow reversal, or or failing in a short period. Can someone with experience with these pumps add their input? I am also looking for other recommendations.
Hi there, I’ve been looking for a wave maker for my Nano 20. I finally decided on getting 2 Hygger mini Powerhead w/Controller DC 1600gph (forward & back) for $70 bucks each on Amazon. It has 4 wave modes + feed mode w/frequency settings.
Has good reviews. You could check it out. JL
So I really can't spend a **** ton on a d/c wavemaker but I am tired of trying to get flow correct with ac pumps. I know jebao is a chinese brand but they are in my price range. I am worried about stray current, flow reversal, or or failing in a short period. Can someone with experience with these pumps add their input? I am also looking for other recommendations.

WilliamBowman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent value. These Jebao wavemakers do the same job as the more expensive brands at a fraction of the price

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have two OW-10s and a dcp-2500 running my Nuvo40 and am very happy with them.

The tank is about 2 feet from the corner of the room, and if I stand in that corner with my head at tank level, I can hear the OW-10s cycling up and down, (they're running at 90% mode 2) - but anywhere else in the room they're silent.

One of the OW-10s is coming up on a year, the other is a month or two old.

Deiby Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't have a Jebao return pump but i do have their pp20 power heads. No complains other that i've had to replace after two years but it could've been for not maintaining correctly. I slack off sometimes and would only clean after three or four months. I replaced not because they were electrocuting me but because i would press feed mode and sometimes they would get stuck and not restart back up. I would clean with vinegar and water and issue fixed.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20200611-073346_Chrome.jpg

Three way prong outlet? proven to cause melting? guess that means we should all use ungrounded equipment?

Sorry, too many horror stories out there on their older products causing potential fire hazards all over RC/R2R not going to hunt them all down.

Maybe Im an equipment snob, but in the two decades I have been into reef aquariums I have learned the hard way many times that going cheap many times ends up with a headache if you are lucky and heartache if you are not.

Agree to disagree, have a good day
There are about 5 factories in the world that 90% of these AC/DC converter boxes come out of - and they've all had documented fire-causing failures in the last couple of years. I have an adapter from a $3500 Dell laptop that looks exactly like that.

Should this happen? Absolutely not. Does it happen? Absolutely. Does it happen more often with Jebao pumps than other pumps? I see no evidence of that.

Jebao's equipment today is very different than it was a decade ago. I think there's a weird tendency to be willing to put up with more stuff from expensive equipment. My brother runs a pair of Vortech pumps in his tank - and he's spent more in replacement parts over the last couple of years than he spent on the pumps initially - but he still thinks they're great. Spending $100 each year or two on each pump he sees as just maintenance - I'd never put up with that.

U

User1

View Badges
If you maintain it they could last. People posted here with long term success. I've run a pair of RW4's with my Reef Angel controlling them and they lasted about a year. After that I had to replace one as it seized up. Replaced it with a RW8. That seemed to work for about 6 months give or take before it seized. I have a few comments on this - will place below.

Upgraded to a 210 gallon. Decided to try a DCT 15000. Set the tank up in the garage to do the plumbing and leak check. Initially the DCT moved a lot of water. I mean it really moved water. Great. However after the first hour I noticed a small puddle of water. Turns out there was a hairline crack at the neck of the outlet. Never saw it and no idea how it happened. Just a slight hairline crack at the base. Looked like it was part of the mold actually. After removing it and looking it over to see if I could repair I noticed the body was super thin. Hostess cupcake holder thing. Very thin plastic which I said ok, probably why it broke. Also there is a handle thing that is over the motor. It leads you to believe it is a handle. It isn't. Picked up the pump by it, it is heavy, and snap - off comes the handle from the base / end of the pump. Hair line crack is now worse...

Picked up a Cor 15 and Cor 20 as a replacement, installed, moved just as much water although I spent more. Initial look at the Cor's body and, well, it is thick, heavy, and built like a F-150. Also smaller foot print. Night and day the difference in quality.

Summary:

Yes, jebao will work. They move water. Fall off is faster than other power heads so need more frequent cleaning / maintenance. Quality is questionable. Some have luck, some do not. I think they are all made the same but the easiest way to describe it after owning them is to compare them side by side to another pump. The quality difference is very clear. At least in my case.

Cheaper entry point is good. Buying something a second time is bad. Shop wise.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you maintain it they could last. People posted here with long term success. I've run a pair of RW4's with my Reef Angel controlling them and they lasted about a year. After that I had to replace one as it seized up. Replaced it with a RW8. That seemed to work for about 6 months give or take before it seized. I have a few comments on this - will place below.
Just curious - what sort of program were you running them on? I have a suspicion that the on-off wavemaker pattern beats the heck out of them - mine run on the W2 up-down cycle instead of on-off

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back