Jebao to apex adapter help

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I happen to have a few jebao wave makers laying around an got 2 jebao to apex adapters cheap so I figure I will see what I can do before I bite the bullet and buy a couple neptune wav pumps. With that said I have read post on apex and it is still not clearly writen what newer jebao pumps work with the jebao to apex adapter. I know wp, fs, older rw,and older pp pumps work, there are some the say the TW,and SW pumps also work. Can I get some feedback from people that use the adapter what pumps they run so we can get a better grip on what old and new pumps still work with this adapter. Thanks to all that reply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well if anyone would like to know the adapters also work with the jebao TW40 wavemaker I will be adding two TW25 pumps and will let you know if they work or not. One thing I do know is you have to get a power supply that is 24v and double the amps of the pump that you are using. The power supply for a single TW40 is 24v at 2.5a so the power supply needed for the jebao to apex adapter is 24v at 5a so you can power both pumps on the one adapter. If you don’t have high enough amps going to jebao to apex adapter to run two pumps you will shorten the life of the pumps due to them not having enough power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will I see this thread is getting zero traction but now I am having a problem and hope some one can help. I have 2 jebao TW40 wave pumps running with a jebao to apex adapter. They are running great with the program I made for them could not be happier. I just hooked up my second jebao to apex adapter on var3 and var4 with 2 jebao TW25 wave makers and they will not work it’s driving me nuts! Tw40 no problems running same profiles,programming, port set up the same but don’t work. Does anyone have a clue on what it can be. Checked cables crossed pump feeds with working pump and TW25 just won’t run. They do work with there jebao controller just not with the adapter box.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you’re not getting more response. Hopefully someone will chime in. Where did you get the adapters?

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E979A42E-F527-4B7A-93F1-912DAE1C09C8.jpeg

the list from them is the ones that will work with each. The newer pumps have switched to a different powering system and may work for a while but don’t know how long. I’ve only used ones on the list to avoid having issues.

OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E979A42E-F527-4B7A-93F1-912DAE1C09C8.jpeg

the list from them is the ones that will work with each. The newer pumps have switched to a different powering system and may work for a while but don’t know how long. I’ve only used ones on the list to avoid having issues.
I see a totally different list then this on there site
6C960886-99F6-4428-9869-20D922495A35.png

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just opened the A1 page. It seems there are some variations in the chart depending on which controller you are looking at.
5A74BF21-F2FE-495A-A2E2-4D5508509C9A.jpeg
E1C0949E-9CA5-45ED-A89B-4DF8C902A434.jpeg
EFAD8765-CAD7-45D7-A302-4AEA97FF26B9.jpeg

Attachments

• 441FCC5E-CC8D-4EC9-B678-F1424B69A38B.jpeg
    441FCC5E-CC8D-4EC9-B678-F1424B69A38B.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 41

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the controllers that I bought.
5C4AF0B3-1AE7-46BE-B0D2-127B3EB3E7E1.png
I have 2 of those as well. I run them with my Wave Engine off of the 0-10v. One thing to remember with the jebaos running off of this controller is to not let them go below about 26% power. I’ve found if you let them stop they can stall by getting hung up in The ceramic bushing. Ever since I’ve kept them moving I’ve never had an issue. Knock on wood. You can get most of the older jebaos on Amazon if you look for them.

OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Jebao TW40 pumps running on var1 an var2 they are doing great I added a second jebao to apex block to var3 and var4 same size power supply ,same programming on each channel that is running the tw40s Tried 2 TW25 on that block and they will not run. I unplugged tw40 that was running and plugged it into the plug the TW25 was in and the tw40 will not run. Only thing I can think of is the Jebao to apex block is bad. I took the running tw40 adapter and plugged it from var1/var2 and plugged it into var3/var4 an they work.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just making sure that I don't get it wrong here. The adapter that you have doesn't show that it can control TW
This is the unfortunate part about these jebao adapter. It doesn't control every jebao pump

OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just making sure that I don't get it wrong here. The adapter that you have doesn't show that it can control TW
This is the unfortunate part about these jebao adapter. It doesn't control every jebao pump
Just in case you didn’t read the thread.Ok yes I know they are not on the list but people use thsee tw40 pumps on you tube so I thought I would give them a shot. Now to be clear I have 2 jebao to apex adapters ordered at the same time from the same place brand new. One is currently running 2 Jebao TW40 wavemakers to the program like a champ for 3 week. Said to myself , if they run the tw40 they should run TW25 let’s try those on the second adapter. The second adapter will not run anything. Took everything from the workin adapter one thing at a time and swapped cables,power supply,and ports on the apex and would not run the pumps, (that were running).Now if both adapters are built the same, an one runs the TW40 pumps (not on the list) wouldn’t the second one run the TW40 pumps (not on the list)? Make me think the adapter is bad.

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just in case you didn’t read the thread.Ok yes I know they are not on the list but people use they on you tube so I thought I would give them a shot. Now to be clear I have 2 jebao to apex adapters ordered at the same time from the same place brand new. One is currently running 2 TW40 wavemakers to the program like a champ for 3 week. Said if they run the tw40 I will try the TW25 on the second adapter. The second adapter will not run anything. Took everything from the workin adapter one thing at a time and swapped cables,power supply,and ports on the apex and would not run the pumps,that were running. Now if both adapters are built the same, an one runs the TW40 pumps (not on the list) wouldn’t the second one run the TW40 pumps (not on the list)? Make me think the adapter is bad.
Ok yes you are right then. If the 2nd adapter doesnt run the tw40. I would think its a bad adapter.
But here is the problem. If you call them reefbreeder.com, and you tell them that you are using it for the TW. What are they going to say.
"Its not for the TW."
"Dont use it for the tw"
Etc

OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok yes you are right then. If the 2nd adapter doesnt run the tw40. I would think its a bad adapter.
But here is the problem. If you call them reefbreeder.com, and you tell them that you are using it for the TW. What are they going to say.
"Its not for the TW."
"Dont use it for the tw"
Etc
If I was reefbreeder I would say thanks for the info here is a replacement block. If you find anything else that work on this adapter please let us know so we can add it to the list. The problem is the TW25 do not work on the adapter that the tw40 are working on, which tells me jebao change something inside of the pump like change 0-10v to 0-5v like they did with the pp series of pumps that will not work with this adapter even though they are on reefbreeders list. But I will post what they say I just email them 20min ago. If they tell me it was my fault then I’m out 40 buck will never buy from them again, an buy 2 octo pulse2 with my stimulus check lololol

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What jebao are you running tw wp rw pp sw?
I am running the pp, and wp pumps.

Like I said earlier. The newer jebaos have a different power system internally and use sine wave power. just because you are running them that way doesn’t mean they are compatible. You are forcing them to operate that way and they are. They likely won’t last long. Or they may last for a long time. That’s the gamble you are taking.

If I was reefbreeder I would say thanks for the info here is a replacement block. If you find anything else that work on this adapter please let us know so we can add it to the list. The problem is the TW25 do not work on the adapter that the tw40 are working on, which tells me jebao change something inside of the pump like change 0-10v to 0-5v like they did with the pp series of pumps that will not work with this adapter even though they are on reefbreeders list. But I will post what they say I just email them 20min ago. If they tell me it was my fault then I’m out 40 buck will never buy from them again, an buy 2 octo pulse2 with my stimulus check lololol
So you may have a bad block but you have no way of proving it without using pumps it says will run off of it. I understand you have pumps that the other one will run but they aren’t supposed to it may just be putting out enough of a similar jump to get them to activate. It’s still made of cheap materials like the jebaos. I’m not understanding how you would be mad at the seller for something you aren’t using properly.

OP
OP
Hop2jr

Hop2jr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the pp, and wp pumps.

Like I said earlier. The newer jebaos have a different power system internally and use sine wave power. just because you are running them that way doesn’t mean they are compatible. You are forcing them to operate that way and they are. They likely won’t last long. Or they may last for a long time. That’s the gamble you are taking.

So you may have a bad block but you have no way of proving it without using pumps it says will run off of it. I understand you have pumps that the other one will run but they aren’t supposed to it may just be putting out enough of a similar jump to get them to activate. It’s still made of cheap materials like the jebaos. I’m not understanding how you would be mad at the seller for something you aren’t using properly.
Who said I was mad at the seller? If I gave off that impression I apologize for that. I am not worried if they say I fried a adapter seeing what it can an can not run on there adapter.Really it’s 40 bucks a drop in the bucket when it comes to this hobby. LoL what I due have a problem with is the fact that they are unclear an in fact wrong on some of the pumps they have said will work. You say you are using the sw series pumps, are they old or new? Do both old and new ones work with the adapter? That’s is why I have made this thread, to try and find out what pumps people are using so that anybody buying or has these adapters know what they can replace broken pumps with. I am by no means mad at seller. This is turning into a good discussion an what I was looking to create with this threat. :)

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they tell me it was my fault then I’m out 40 buck will never buy from them again, an buy 2 octo pulse2 with my stimulus check lololol
The way you wrote this is why I thought that you where mad at the reefbreeders for it.
I have only used WP and PP pumps with this apex-Jebao adapter. I picked up a couple used WP’s and a PP. I’ve replaced 1 WP with a PP and picked up another. The WP’s are all but extinct now and PP’s are not far behind. As the new ones operate differently they won’t/shouldn’t work with this adapter. I only run them because they where cheap to get the used ones and I needed the flow. I have been phasing them out because sourcing is getting harder and I can afford better pumps.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back