OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question... I just picked up an Elos Midi as well and it seems as though the tank rests only on the two sides of the Elos stand? Makes me a bit nervous that it may not have enough support...

I've noticed that too, but even the larger systems have a similar structure design.

beautiful build so far!

It's coming along quite well. I am waiting for a few backordered items to arrive to finish up my plumbing. Meanwhile - The storage section(Gunk I acknowledge) of my basement is getting cleared out so I can turn that area into my fish room.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, working in the gunk section of my basement - You know.. The area where you have Christmas ornaments and stuff that has accumulated over the years. I think it's time to move the stuff on out and position my aquarium equipment(The Lab).

Relocated my eleven year old SpectraPure RO/DI unit

Installed the new Avast Marine Barrel Tender V2, which needs to be wired to my ProfiLux 3.1T Controller via a DB9 'Female' Terminal Block and PLM-ADIN Expansion Card. I'm curious to see the amount of control i have with this unit.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the build going mate? You've got some great interesting ideas for it!

I've been active on my local reef club forum with updates and I haven't even considered posting on here for some time... There's a lot more activity over there.

I'll update this thread but not as often.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been active on my local reef club forum with updates and I haven't even considered posting on here for some time... There's a lot more activity over there.

I'll update this thread but not as often.

A lot more activity on your build thread there? We need to change that!

I recently got a barrel tender set up and man I love it!

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot more activity on your build thread there? We need to change that!

I recently got a barrel tender set up and man I love it!

Nice! I've seen your post regarding the Barrel Tender V2. I'm waiting for my shipment(Monday) from GHL to finish up my install. I'm also waiting for my father to allow me to use his fancy table saw to complete my acrylic sump. My little tabletop saw just isn't going to cut it, literally.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found the forum via a quick google search, will have a read with my morning coffee :D

Ha! Enjoy but to answer your question from your previous post. I'm toying with the idea of adding a golden dwarf moray eel and colonies for shallow water acros or pretty much a Indo-pacific, Australia inhabitant tank.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new tank progress.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Enjoy but to answer your question from your previous post. I'm toying with the idea of adding a golden dwarf moray eel and colonies for shallow water acros or pretty much a Indo-pacific, Australia inhabitant tank.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new tank progress.
Love the blind shelf support, i need to hang a doser as well and that's nice and clean.

That's awesome, the golden moray should look great amongst the acros, and there's nothing better than Aussie acros ;)
Haha :D

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the blind shelf support, i need to hang a doser as well and that's nice and clean.

That's awesome, the golden moray should look great amongst the acros, and there's nothing better than Aussie acros ;)
Haha :D

That's the way to go! I wanted a way to mount my Doser but I didn't want it to distract from my equipment, $20 mount.

I think so too! That's all that I really need for my bedroom tank, but I may have to look for a lid to keep the eel contained - We'll see :)

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a snow day.. I'm off from work !

Figured i'd start on my plumbing, which is always fun ;)

Plumbing for this system will consist of sch80 Georg Fischer piping, fittings and valves. The valves shown are a pair of 1/2" 514 series manual diaphragms. These will play a part in regulating the flow to my PAX-Bellum reactor and GHL Measurement Cell.

Other equipment - Like a GHL Flow Sensor(Not shown) will be added to the 3/4" union located at the top of the 3/4" to 1/2" reducer tee fitting.

BKM_9728.JPG

Additional notes - Elos Midi overflow drain is 1" 1/4, 3/4" return. There are no bulkheads like your typical aquarium. Male hose barb adapters(Included o-ring) screw right into a pvc block at the bottom of the tank.

BKM_9732.JPG

Do you use a O ring on your return barb? I know the drain one has O ring, not sure if there is one on the return.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question... I just picked up an Elos Midi as well and it seems as though the tank rests only on the two sides of the Elos stand? Makes me a bit nervous that it may not have enough support...

They are fine, I have a Mini for 7 years and the tank edge just sit on-top of both cabinet side only on the stand.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Love your build thread.

I googled the Midi earlier this year and was a bit confused. One ELOS site listed the 70 as the smallest diamond while another seemed to imply the Midi was discontinued. Where did you get yours? I gather the Midi is alive and well and uses the same glass that ELOS is famous for?

They do have the Mini and Midi Diamond Line,... I saw it at Elos America Booth few weeks ago... They don't push for it now because less and less people wants these smaller one and so many similar copy one like Redsea now.. but I am sure it can be order.

IMG_9027.JPG

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have the Mini and Midi Diamond Line,... I saw it at Elos America Booth few weeks ago... They don't push for it now because less and less people wants these smaller one and so many similar copy one like Redsea now.. but I am sure it can be order.

Thanks. I'd hope they make some change to better compete with Red Sea Reefer Nano / 170, but perhaps the market simply isn't big enough for them to adjust. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Reefapalooza NY next month.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'd hope they make some change to better compete with Red Sea Reefer Nano / 170, but perhaps the market simply isn't big enough for them to adjust. I'm looking forward to seeing them at Reefapalooza NY next month.

Ha! Trust that Elos is not a mass market company like Red Sea.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood, but I'm not sure the Midi it's actually a better product. Looking forward to seeing them in person!

Stay curious.. I'm not the bias type to suggest that Elos is a better product, but i think you'll make the right decision on which tank is right for you.

Mattres

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_9027.JPG
I got told by a contact close to Elos that the margin on the Mini is tiny, talking less than $100 But they continue to make it to complete the line.
So that might be part of the reason they don't push it. But like you said it's definitely available.

@Jerel hows your sump construction coming along?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back