OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that Reef2Reef allows .Gif files. I can share this part of my build that i couldn't before.

Cabinet Lighting

I've seen hobbyist use a particular type of motion sensor LEDs and they seem to be a bit cumbersome as the lights timeout after a period of time, not here. This kit allows me to have my light or lights on/off indefinitely. This modular system offers a endless amount of configurations
cool.png

Parts list:

Hafele Surface Mounted Puck Light, 12v Coolwhite 5000k
$48.00

Hafele Modular Switch Lead
$6.00

Hafele Touch Free on/off Sensor Switch
$32.00

Hafele 20w 12v LED Driver
$36.00

HafeleLED01.gif

BKM_9839.jpg

Last edited:

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show how the ghl flex mount actually clamps onto the back of your stand? Thx

You didn't ask me, but jumping in. On the larger Red Sea Reefers, the mount is flush against the back cabinet and the tank. On tanks with thinner glass (like my reefer 170), the tank overhangs the stand slightly, so I used a handful of washers to float it off the stand so it's flush against back glass.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show how the ghl flex mount actually clamps onto the back of your stand? Thx

I think I have a photo that I can share to show how it’s mounted.

BTW.. I moved to a new home two weeks ago and the transfer didn’t go too well. I’m gonna have to start over with livestock, pretty much a reboot... But the new location does have its advantages.

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love seeing other builds with mitras's. and you have an elos to boot. For sure will be following along.

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You didn't ask me, but jumping in. On the larger Red Sea Reefers, the mount is flush against the back cabinet and the tank. On tanks with thinner glass (like my reefer 170), the tank overhangs the stand slightly, so I used a handful of washers to float it off the stand so it's flush against back glass.

Does the vertical bar mount to the stand just below the tank or does it go further down towards the floor? Thx

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW.. I moved to a new home two weeks ago and the transfer didn’t go too well. I’m gonna have to start over with livestock, pretty much a reboot... But the new location does have its advantages.

So sorry to hear that, but moves are hard. It happens. Looking forward to the reboot pictures.

OP
OP
Jerel

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the vertical bar mount to the stand just below the tank or does it go further down towards the floor? Thx

Depending on how high your tank is or how high you want your Mitras pendant to be. It most likely won’t touch the floor for support, which isn’t needed as the Flex mount needs only two bolts to secure it to your stand.

EA586FFF-2F83-4C51-A326-4FD979E1221B.jpeg

trueisb2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to get an Elos Midi system. Do you know if the inside cabinet will fit either a 21"L x 18"W sump or 18" x 18"?

Thank you

kalkwasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jerel, very impressive tank built.
All of your gears are well thought and sexy. Something different.
May I ask if you are using the breeze for your main cooling?

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how high your tank is or how high you want your Mitras pendant to be. It most likely won’t touch the floor for support, which isn’t needed as the Flex mount needs only two bolts to secure it to your stand.

EA586FFF-2F83-4C51-A326-4FD979E1221B.jpeg

Hey Jerel.......had some questions about mounting the Flex Mounts for the Mitras and sent a PM. Can you please take a look and let me know what you think?

Thanks........Craig

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back