Kessil A360x lighting schedule

tornowe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 14 gallon rimless mixed reef aquarium. I have been running the Kessil A360x tuna blue with manual adjustments throughout the day. Today I received a wifi dongle and am looking for some direction with programming the lighting schedule as well as some general questions about the light channels. The intensity I have been running averages about 60% (Max), the light itself is 7 -8" from the water, the light is on for 12 h per day. (Should I raise/lower the mount?)
Also... what do the red, green, and violet channels do? are they just aesthetic? Do the red and violet promote algae growth? Are they beneficial to the corals at all?
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

20"L x 12" W x 13"H
7"-8" from water to light
Light on 12 h/day
Max intensity throughout day around 60%

IMG_5432.jpg

jeffp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On that size tank, your height is about right. Violet is good for the corals. I run mine 100 % during peak hours. Red and green is just for your viewing pleasure mostly.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is an old thread responding to your question....

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily go to 6" or lower on your tank, you have a ton of light spill on the walls on all side. Go as low as the spill is almost gone.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For a 12hr cycle use 6-8hr peak and the remaining time as ramp time. Color % is a personal preference, but I like anything between 25-50% without supplemental lighting (which you don’t need). As mentioned above, 100% violet during peak hours and I use about 5% red and green during peak hours as well. Rent or borrow a par meter, 60% seems like a lot to me, but your corals will be the first to tell you if that works or not? Whenever you change anything, do it in 5% increments and hold for a week or two, then continue. Go slow and enjoy!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back