KH Director

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by Matthias Gross, Feb 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scuzy

scuzy Well-Known Member

Hanna also sells a reference reagent to see if your checker is off

WWIII likes this.

2. Marco@GHLUSA

Marco@GHLUSA GHL Team R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Look great, plenty of devices in that cabinet.
    The only thing I’d change; move the P4 to the top.
    If for any reason one of the lines leak/pop off, you run the risk of soaking your controller.

3. Dawsokj1988

Dawsokj1988 Active Member R2R Supporter

The manual never mentioned floating the PH test reagents in the sump . Are you sure this is required?

4. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

No, I'm not sure if this is required or even recommended. I would think it would be in the manual as well. I'm just grasping at straws as to the difference in my test results from the hanna. I'm going to try to recalibrate the dosers and probe this morning and see what happens. I've done about 10 tests so far with the kh director and all have been between 7.5 and 7.7. I ordered a salifert test as well as another hanna reagent and the hanna standard.

5. Dawsokj1988

What type of tubing are you using for the saltwater draw? I had to adjust the inner diameter measurement of the calc because my tubing is 1/4 inch ID.

6. Dawsokj1988

Will do. Thanks for the tip

7. WWIII

WWIII Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor LMAS Member

I'm using the tubing that came with it for all the "important" stuff. I recalibrated the dosers. Changed them by about 5%. I also rearranged the hoses. Now reading 7.9 on the kh director. Hanna reading 8.9. I will calibrate the probe again tomorrow to see if I can get that delta closer.

8. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

If you use a ProfiLux computer for the KH director - you have in the KH director window a type of % correction tool if you trust the Hanna more. Up to the right

Sincerely Lasse

WWIII likes this.
  9. WWIII

I'm not sure which I trust 100% yet. The kh director has such consistent readings, which I am happy about. Did anyone float the ph solution for the probe calibration? I did not, since it wasn't mentioned in the manual. I'm gonna try to recalibrate ph probe today. I'm very happy with the reading being consistently 7.9 now, but would like to know if the 7.9 is closer to actual, or the 8.9 hanna reading. I have some more tests to do, and will be using a couple more tests kits to get a better idea.

Has anyone figured out the deal with the clock? Mine is 5 hours behind on the displayed last kh measurement. So if I take the measurement at 8:00 am, the time stamp in the profilux says the reading occurred at 3:00 am.

Thanks for all the tips and advice fellas! As a side note, my maxi doser shows up today! Auto waterchanges here I come!

10. Second Shot

Second Shot Active Member

It’s probably set to GMT. Do you see a way to set it to Eastern standard time?

WWIII likes this.
  11. WWIII

Not on the connect app. I'll check GCC here in a little bit. The time on my profilux is set to Eastern time and is correct, I need to look a little more to see if there's an adjustment on the kh director. One would think it would pull the time from the profilux

12. Lasse

Lasse Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

I have UTC +1 - you have probably UTC -5

Screen Shot 03-07-18 at 03.48 PM.PNG
    Sincerely Lasse

WWIII likes this.
  13. Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA Active Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

To add to what @Lasse said,

The KH director testing date/time goes by the TIMEZONE setting in your GENERAL settings page. The timing here goes by the UTC 0 time zone.
    • For example, those on the US east coast would set their Timezone to UTC -5 because the east cost is 5 hour behind UTC 0 timezone.
    • Those on the US West Coast should set their Timezone to UTC -8.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Lasse and WWIII like this.
  14. Lasse

I´ll think you will have a bunch of angry englishmen on your back now!!!! as I know (and for sure the whole UK) Grenwich - that have the zero median is situated just outside London and not in Germany. Germany have - as we in Sweden - UTC -1 :):):)

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  15. WWIII

Thank you @Lasse and @Vinny@GHLUSA ! I had not adjusted my time zone, since the clock was correct on local time. That fixed it, as you both already know! :D

Lasse likes this.
  16. Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA Active Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Ah yes.
    The text has been edited to avoid any confusion. :)

Lasse likes this.
  17. scuzy

scuzy Well-Known Member

My readings are all over the place. 8-11.3.

Calibrated the pumps multiple times. Going to calibrate the probe again. Notice the feed tube does not dispense all the liquid back into tank is that ok or does the director fishes some liquid first.

WWIII likes this.
  18. scuzy

scuzy Well-Known Member

Calibrated everything again got 9.4 sample volume of 70ml

Hanna shows 8.9 and nyos all test kit is 9 so pretty close. I upped the sample volume to 90ml and see what the test comes out in a few.

WWIII likes this.
  19. WWIII

Haven't gotten around to recalibrating my probe yet. I've had my ph solutions in my sump temperature acclimating since noon. Hopefully I will get a chance tonight to see if it changes.

20. scuzy

scuzy Well-Known Member

My last read is 10.9 way of not sure what I'm doing wrong

Draft saved Draft deleted