KZ Flatworm Stop. Any reason not to use it?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of people out there claiming that KZ Flatworm Stop helps promote acropora health.
I don't have any flatworms (that I know of), but am considering starting it just for the claimed acro health benefits.
Any reason not to?

Jrich666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a lot of people out there claiming that KZ Flatworm Stop helps promote acropora health.
I don't have any flatworms (that I know of), but am considering starting it just for the claimed acro health benefits.
Any reason not to?
I’ve always used it. Honestly do know what it is but it works imo

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it.
It's not designed for Flatworm death, it's designed for coral health and promotion sliming, which deters AEFW and ultimately over time, starve them out. I don't have AEFW, but have used this product for years. I dose 25% recommendations.
Cheers

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helped a friend when he had AEFW. Double dose for 6ish months did not harm anything. The corals also did not appear to suffer at all when he stopped. Shake well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You’re better off with salifert flatworm stop
Z is intended to keep coral tissue healthy to resist flatworms

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is wormwood and at least one other natural-type of remedy in there too, but unsure which one. There does appear to be some sort of iodine - probably straight iodine, which is not all that useful to corals anyway. ICP is not appropriate to detect compounds that are in things.

bibarassa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Doug would you suggest using kz flatworm exit as a prevention? And, if you know, for how long and in what doses?

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea. I don't use it on my own tanks. I do not like to use things that I don't need, but I would use this if I had to... seems safe enough.

OP
OP
SamMule

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I hear of a lot of people using it prophylactically with positive results in coral health. Was wondering if there are any drawbacks. Cost really isn't that much. $50 worth would last me a year.
I suppose I could replace my iodine regimen with it and see how that goes.
Just apprehensive, not knowing what is in it...

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if you can replace your iodine regiment with it. You should be dosing iodide if the intention is to make available what is in the ocean, but this seems to be? straight iodine, which is not really helpful in our tanks. I have never seen a solid account for what kind of iodine is in there.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen their iodine levels increase following using KZ FWS? If so, by how much?

I’m interested in trying the product (not for flatworms, but to experiment with improved health), but do not want to elevate iodine levels in my system as they stay at elevated levels (120 µg/l vs 60 µg/l) with my current trace element dosing.
Thanks!

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone seen their iodine levels increase following using KZ FWS? If so, by how much?

I’m interested in trying the product (not for flatworms, but to experiment with improved health), but do not want to elevate iodine levels in my system as they stay at elevated levels (120 µg/l vs 60 µg/l) with my current trace element dosing.
Thanks!
Yes, it’s one of the reasons why I stopped using it. I also found other elements increased as well. I think iodine around 80-90 should be plenty, above that and you could see some issues. So if you’re at 120 or more now, then flatworm stop is going to increase it even more. Personally, I stopped using products that don’t tell you what’s in them, It’s definitely not worth what they sell it for.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 47.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 50 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back