Large flat worm. Any ideas?

TreeBeard.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Worm showed. its about an inch long and moves very quickly.

Its almost completely flat. i cant make out any real eye structures on it. any ideas?

worm_n.jpg

OP
OP
TreeBeard.

TreeBeard.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next time hes out and about i will see what i can get. he seems to hang at the top of the glass for a while.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw my polyclad flatworm on the glass but it did look a lot like that. Mine was also almost completely nocturnal.

One hint, don't try to grab him with forceps or something like that or he will come apart. I learned the hard way. I used a turkey baster to suck him off the sand.

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what was on my glass also and infested my black Aussie torch. I must of got over a dozen out of my torch when I dipped it. I wouldn’t wait if I was you to get that out of my tank!

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what was on my glass also and infested my black Aussie torch. I must of got over a dozen out of my torch when I dipped it. I wouldn’t wait if I was you to get that out of my tank!
Agree, dipped a torch and one like that came out along with a few smaller ones, it was to late for the torch.

OP
OP
TreeBeard.

TreeBeard.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boo! i have a touch dying as well! I pulled the worm out. What did you dip in Just fresh?

OP
OP
TreeBeard.

TreeBeard.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm theses appear to eat Torch coral. I watched the 3 headed torch coral for a few day. Two heads had really looked bad. I had assumed it was the flow i put them it was to strong, however the 3rd looked ok. Then i saw a worm move into it and the entire head retracted. What ever these are they are bad news for torches. I pulled the entire thing out.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyclad flatworm. Take it out
I was able to siphon one and took it to my LFS to ID, they said it's a flat worm but not sure which one. So many of them that attack zoos and acros. This tank is going to host only Euphillia corals. I did come home with a Possom banded wrasse to help with the flat worms. I placed him in today.

Micro-Reefs Aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyclad flatworm. Take it out
I saw another one larger, come out of the shell of my cerith snail, it ran to the rocks and I was baffled before I could react. Then next day the shell didn't move, I had added 15 snails. Well, I pulled out the shell and it smelled rotten, so I think that flat worm which was larger than the video one, came and attacked killed certh. My question is can I use Salifert Flatworm Exit? Will that kill the polyclad flatworm? My 30 gallon must have a lot since I got the rock 30 lbs of it from KPaquatics straight from the ocean. Let me know, thanks

Back