Lighting options for 110g deep

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey so I am starting my build on my 110g tank... (dimensions are: 48”long, 30” deep and 18” wide) - will have NO bigger than a 2” sand bed (probably closer to 1.5”)

I would like to use LED’s if I can but I want something that will be able to grow some LPS near/on the sand bed and throughout the tank, a couple SPS corals near the top (maybe) but the rest will be softies, zoas....

My rock work is not going to be too high in this tank... I’m going to have some
Separate islands (a cave section island on each end) and then just regular rockwork stacked in the middle.... and I’m going to leave some nice opened swimming room
In areas around the top....(if I can find a similar picture I will add it)

I have been looking up all kinds of lighting options but it’s hard to tell if what they “say” is true...

I’d like to stick to the best budget I can without ending up with lighting that won’t do the job.... but again I don’t wanna break the bank either...

I’d like to avoid lights with too much shadowing at the sides/back/front as I like to grow the corals in those areas too... (not everything up front) because you can see all around both sides (not so much ghe back)

So if anyone has close to these tank demensions and had a light they like I’d love to see some pictures or your experiences/advice

I DO NOT want to hang my lights... I want them on the tank- tank will have a screen lid and is NOT rimless...

Anymore info that would be helpful please ask :)

Thanks in advance!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SB Reeflights 45" Ultra on my 90. Plenty of power with 4 channels of color controlled by your phone. No fans, absolutely quiet. No dark areas/shaded areas in the tank. Light sit about 12 " above the water level. Here's a pic from a few months ago before I slowly started adding corals.
IMG_1039.JPG

OP
OP
F

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! And you think it will grow at 30” down?
They have them on sale right now too...

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! And you think it will grow at 30” down?
They have them on sale right now too...
These lights have tremendous capability. The lights are very powerful and you can easily "burn" your corals and rocks if you are not careful when ramping up the strength/output of these lights. Plus I understand they have improved the interface program for your phone.
One thing that truly amazed me was how sturdy these lights are built. Shipping carton was also amazing.

alanbetiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 28" deep and I recently bought the ReefBreeders Photon V2+. Really like them so far. I have Acans and Chalices near the sand bed doing really well at only 50% output. Mine is 28" wide so I did put a strip of cheaper Current LEDs behind them to light up the back of the tank but there's only zoanthids back there.

OP
OP
F

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya reef breeders is offering me a discount right now but they are twice as much money plus 90$ in shipping....(for their 48” v2+)

Where as the SB reef lights are on sale and it appears they will ship for free...

So the question now is reef breeders or sbreef.... both seem capable so to make the choice!!

Thanks for your help so far!!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back